Y&R: August 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If this was B&B, it would open the door for Babby and Jabby. I was hoping Dina's return would reveal John is Ashley's bio dad. They never did DNA. Plus it's not like Dina wasn't sleeping with John - see Traci born years later. And since John didn't know, he presumably slept with Dina close enough to conception that he didn't question it. 

• Members

I don't get why we should be invested in Ashley's concern that Abby will discover the truth about Brent Davis. I mean, why would this girl CARE that much? It makes no sense.

Abby's digging into Dina's past doesn't make any sense, either. When has Abby shown this kind of concern about family members' pasts? 

• Members

Agreed. I'm not really sure what the point to all of this is. Are they going to have Abby turn on Ashley or something and make them be adversarial or something? Which I'd rather they not. I don't get it. But the whole show is aimless and pointless at the moment so I guess it fits right in.

• Members

Exactly. They tried that with Stitch and it fell flat. I could see Ravi - 'the sage and wise-one in all Abbott matters' bringing up the DNA issue eventually 'saving the family.' Ravi, who can only connect with women close to 60+,  ends up with Dina and they go back France together to watch opera and paddle board together. 

• Members

There seems to be absolutely no payoff to revealing Ashley's paternity to anyone else who doesn't already know, including Abby.

It's been about a decade now since Y&R was able to plot out a storyline where they didn't telegraph how a story will resolve itself. There is no inherent suspense or epiphanies to be revealed. Why bother?

Nobody cares about this. They are about 25 years too late with any Ashley paternity revelation story.  

• Members

Exactly. The most I could see coming from it is Billy, Traci, and Abby crying over the revelation, but they'll move on from it. There isn't any long term affects from this story. Abby might question her Abbott side for a second, but she'll get over it. 

But we do get flashes that Hilary is a bit more complex such as her loyalty to Jack. We saw she was a bit more complex in her helping Juliet. 

Archived