Key Links: Announcements | Support Desk

Y&R: Sally Sussman and Kay Alden OUT, Mal Young IN

• Members
3 hours ago, ajsp35801 said:

He's definitely not happy. Lol

DD has been there a while. He just doesn't GAF anymore. 

Ah, I knew I had him to thank for the return to this one dimensional writing for "evil" Hilary and that offensive "Mariah is better than Hilary so she deserves her life" narrative the show started pushing after hevon's divorce. Sally's writing for Hilary was much more nuanced than that around Christmas time. 

He's also to blame for that heavy handed Phyllis is sex and Vikki is home and hearth narrative. I can't stand that either just cause it lacks all subtlety. 

Yeah, I noticed. I've been watching for over 30 years.  Not to mention he's not saying anything negative about the people in charge now.  He's blatantly kissing ass, which is the opposite of what I was talking about.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
39 minutes ago, SOAPSFOREVER said:

Dude, if you write one more time about net execs loving "so and so" I'm going to puke! You pretend to be an "insider," knowing what the men and women behind the scenes of the four soaps think: "Angelica loves Mal...", etc. "The cast of GH loved Jean..." Seriously, get some help!! You make these grand, sweeping statements as if they're fact, when most are just conjecture and fantasy on your part. And what the hell difference does it make whether Kay and Sally retired or were fired? The point is they're no longer writing for Y&R. You can finally quit your weekly rants about their low ratings, how JFP and CP had higher ratings, and how Shelley Altman should write Y&R - yada, yada, yada. Of course now that you no longer have Sally and Kay to grouse about, and you can't pimp Jean P anymore, it's almost frightening to think who you'll obsessively latch on to next! 

Will you marry me? 

Please register in order to view this content

11 minutes ago, dragonflies said:

I can see how he might have a point here....however I still want to give Mal a chance. 

• Members
47 minutes ago, SOAPSFOREVER said:

Dude, if you write one more time about net execs loving "so and so" I'm going to puke! You pretend to be an "insider," knowing what the men and women behind the scenes of the four soaps think: "Angelica loves Mal...", etc. "The cast of GH loved Jean..." Seriously, get some help!! You make these grand, sweeping statements as if they're fact, when most are just conjecture and fantasy on your part. And what the hell difference does it make whether Kay and Sally retired or were fired? The point is they're no longer writing for Y&R. You can finally quit your weekly rants about their low ratings, how JFP and CP had higher ratings, and how Shelley Altman should write Y&R - yada, yada, yada. Of course now that you no longer have Sally and Kay to grouse about, and you can't pimp Jean P anymore, it's almost frightening to think who you'll obsessively latch on to next! 

Salute'!!!

• Members

Doug Davidson's behaviour on Twitter is really annoying. Who the f. cares if Paul wasn't featured under SSM's regime? The last time he was featured, he had a ret-con son and they killed his legacy son. Wow.

And he's pimping this prostitution storyline. Sorry, but that proves that the prostitution storyline is MY's baby. At first it reminded me of Bill Bell's PSA storylines from back in the day, but considering the turn it's taken, it's more like a UK soap material. Totally not Y&R. I don't care one bit if Wednesday Addams is involved. Oh and Paul as the Clueless Police Chief is ridiculous.

• Members

*Sigh*

Damn. I hate this. I have been enjoying a Y&R without Kevin and watching Lily and Cane being knocked off their pedestals. No Victor (though I know that's temporary). The SORASED twins are ridiciulous.But whatever.

I hope Sara Bibel stays.

This sucks.

Edited by bluejeanbaby3

• Members
29 minutes ago, MichaelGL said:

Will you marry me? 

I can see how he might have a point here....however I still want to give Mal a chance. 

Bill Bell did Both as Did Agnes Nixon & Claire Labine

I hope he has writers like Esser who can help him back Im also gonna see what he does

17 minutes ago, Aback said:

Doug Davidson's behaviour on Twitter is really annoying. Who the f. cares if Paul wasn't featured under SSM's regime? The last time he was featured, he had a ret-con son and they killed his legacy son. Wow.

And he's pimping this prostitution storyline. Sorry, but that proves that the prostitution storyline is MY's baby. At first it reminded me of Bill Bell's PSA storylines from back in the day, but considering the turn it's taken, it's more like a UK soap material. Totally not Y&R. I don't care one bit if Wednesday Addams is involved. Oh and Paul as the Clueless Police Chief is ridiculous.

I feel on CBS the Trafficking story wont be able to do what they should do

AMC did this on Hulu with PP and they didnt have censors

• Members

One could argue that times were different back then, but there's also the fact that Bill Bell had immense talent. He, Nixon and Philips were visionaries. MY? err I am afraid not as much...

Edited by Aback

• Members
1 hour ago, SOAPSFOREVER said:

*standing ovation*

• Members
6 minutes ago, Aback said:

One could argue that times were different back then, but there's also the fact that Bill Bell had immense talent. He, Nixon and Philips were visionaries. MY? err I am afraid not as much...

Exactly. Back then you had people with immense talent who could both juggle writing and producing a soap. These days no such talent exists within the soap industry these days. 

• Members
15 minutes ago, John said:

Bill Bell did Both as Did Agnes Nixon & Claire Labine

Bill Bell had an on set EP that handled production.  He was not an on set producer running his shows.  I can't speak for Nixon or Labine, but I bet they had the same thing.  Bell's EP were in charge of executing his vision.  Conboy often didn't, but I've never heard of the others causing strife.  That's a huge difference compared to what Young is apparently going to do.  It ate MAB alive, that's why Rauch got an EP job.

Edited by titan1978

• Members
7 minutes ago, titan1978 said:

Bill Bell had an on set EP that handled production.  He was not an on set producer running his shows.  I can't speak for Nixon or Labine, but I bet they had the same thing.  Bell's EP were in charge of executing his vision.  Conboy often didn't, but I've never heard of the others causing strife.  That's a huge difference compared to what Young is apparently going to do.  It ate MAB alive, that's why Rauch got an EP job.

True

I believe Labine had producers who also worked on her vision

• Members
1 hour ago, Juliajms said:

Yeah, I noticed. I've been watching for over 30 years.  Not to mention he's not saying anything negative about the people in charge now.  He's blatantly kissing ass, which is the opposite of what I was talking about.

He talked negatively about SSM while she was there. I am sure he will talk negatively about MY if story and airtime doesn't materialize for him. 

• Members

I have never watched "Y&R", but this latest news underscores how crazy the soap world has become.  My guess is, the days of a headwriter lasting 15 years like Henry Slesar did for EON or Bill Bell for Y&R are never to return.  Actors would take work in daytime because it was a steady paycheck.  They may have to re-think that idea too.  I view this move with alot skepticism.  Everywhere one looks there is instability and mayhem.  This may be the beginning of the end for all U.S. daytime soaps.

• Members
4 hours ago, cassadine1991 said:

So that means I have two months and maybe a half of good memory watching before Y&R goes back to Chuckie Pratt 2.0 then.

Splendid!!!

4 hours ago, Roman said:

Soapsuds doesn't like anything on any soap that is watched. all SS does is complain about how bad both this show and Days is. 

a shame really. lousy writers get long terms to write the trash that they do....but decent to good writers are canned not even being there a year. 

+ 1