Y&R May Sweeps

• Members

Jack, the miserable old man? The show accomplished it's mission. 

They are really going to have to put some other people at Newman for Abby to interact with. They have no idea what to do with her. But since she's young, gorgeous, and a Newman/Abbot hybrid, they feel they need to do something. 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

MY needs to stay right where he is. he did fine work when he had that POC Pratt destroying the show.....IMPO he doesn't need to go anywhere. if SSM doesn't get it in gear, KA can take over and they can switch roles. But Young doesn't need to go...and I'm SICK AND TIRED of hack EPs, writers and other producers getting switched from one show to another not doing anything different and doing the same tired old [!@#$%^&*] they did 30 years ago. 

• Members

I actually like most of that. What I'm missing is a big major villain, which obviously would take time to develop but is needed and bold personalities. The show is suffering from Jill being gone and it could use a Drucilla. One thing I think they need to improve the Abby story is to move Brash and Sassy back to Newman like it was in the 90s. Abby being the only character at Newman limits her story potential because she has no one to bounce off of. Without Brash you still have a full cast of characters at Jabot so they'll be fine. Putting them at Newman gives Abby and Victor more to bounce off of. Especially since Victoria wouldn't be working at Newman but naturally would still be putting her nose in thus deepening the rift between Abby and the Newman's.

The Cane/Lily story I enjoy so far and I look forward to where it goes minus the annoying kids. They only work when they're on the verge of breaking up. I'm glad Ashley and Ravi are fnally progressing and look forward to Dina's part in it. I'd never have picked Gloria for Jack, but at the very least he finally has an age appropriate love interest which I DO like.

• Members

Y&R is also missing it's divas.

This current version of Nikki isn't half bad but with Katherine & Dru gone, Jill being MIA, Ashley and Lauren seriously neutered, Sharon spinning her wheels on the backburner, the disaster that is AH's Victoria and GT's Phyllis being severely watered down Y&R is in dire need of compelling actresses over 40.

• Members

That was such a strength for Y&R until the late '00s when the loathing of women really took over the writing. You could feel the hatred for women oozing through the show during MAB's tenure. It's one of the reasons I quit watching. 

• Members

+1.

The sidelining of older actresses actually began happening under Alden (in large part due to Ed Scott) and became progressively worse over the years. The problem wouldn't be as stark if there were compelling younger female characters to fill the void but (beyond a couple of actresses with potential) Y&R's failed on that level too.

LMAO! TOUCHE!

Archived