Y&R May Sweeps

• Members

This is what comes of moving the same characters from story to story and conveniently rewriting or forgetting past events.

Isn't Phyllis supposed to be Laurens age? So roughly 20 years older than Scott? And doesn't Lauren's husband have a sexual past with Phyllis?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Worse. I just read preview for Monday (US), Chloe sends Billy a letter telling him Bella may be his. WTH? They can keep these lackluster new characters but they can't keep EH around to drop this bomb? They do it via letter and when Jill is off rediscovering Colin? This is an easy story to play on canvas and bring a lot of characters into fold with a lot of emotional punch. Just terrible. 

• Members

@Soapsuds agreed. Even if they wanted to write out Chloe for a spell so that Nelsea could find a spark and Philly/Bacteria get in deep, I could go for that and then have Chloe come back, go to trial and on verge of conviction, a very much alive Adam appears and four bombs get dropped over period of time -Chloe 'guilty/innocent,' Adam alive, Bella and Christian (so that Nikki can do her annual unforgiving Victor for a couple weeks). Maybe it's me, but I see so much material here and impacting multiple families: Newmans, Abbotts, Baldwins, and House of Chancellor (Jill/Esther). 

• Members

Seriously this soap is just boring with all the wrong couples....

A Phyliss/Billy/Victoria triangle? Really SS? I don't care for that at all. Victoria has pushed Billy away for years and now she wants him?....Sorry....but that's just no

Chelsea and Nick.....again really? Who thought of this awful pairing?

Poor Scotty...but he is so boring....but maybe that's what Sharon needs.....Scotty's father wasn't the life of the party either.

Ashley and Ravi? Again really?? I hate the pairing

Sally writes boring stuff with unappealing couples.

• Members

Looks like Jill will be back soon though. Jess Walton posted a picture of her commute from 30,000 ft on twitter. I can only hope Colin isn't coming with her.

If she was, she certainly isn't any more. I mean, come on.  There is no way in hell they can expect us to look at GT and see someone TED's age.  She looks Scott's age and yes she did have sex with Michael.

• Members

I'm so sick of the Jill/Colin thing. I don't understand why she thinks Jill needs him. I love Tristan Rogers but he'd be much better suited on GH. Colin's a worthless character.

And why did they write Chloe out? What for? So many others could have and should be written out. Chelsea is snoozeville. I do feel like she's also on borrowed time, and they're desperate for Nick and Chelsea to spark (they aren't and never will, with or without Chloe) but for some reason they don't seem to want to let her go.

• Members

I would think Sharon trying to mend her fractured relationship with her daughter...plus trying to keep up with the pretense of being a widow...while trying to repair relations between herself and the Newman's would be enough to carry her through summer.

• Members

+1. What this show is missing is FUN for the middle aged characters (especially the women) which is a place Kay Alden excelled. She revitalized almost every female character on the canvas.

Sally gives her female characters outlines of stories with potential but then no meat. It's all window dressing to enhance the stories for the extremely stagnant male characters.

• Members

Just yuk on Bella revelation. A multi-year storyline gets resolved in two episodes without the key player! Why bother?

I can honestly say after going back for the Chloe arc, now that it's done and watching the rest of last week, there is absolutely NO storyline I care about. Even when I've taken breaks in past, I've at least followed with recaps. But, shockingly, I can't find a single reason to bother. After 5 months of SSM, it's extremely unlikely her version will draw me in again. 

Archived