Y&R: November 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You are not comparing the right things, edge. This is not about AH's attractiveness. CG, TC, BM may not be 'hair models' but that's neither here nor there, and definitely not comparable to AH's situation. You can't control the way you look -- but you can control the way you're styled, and in AH's case, whether you are styled at all in a professional manner. CG, TC and BM are all beautiful women that happen to be less Hollywood and more real life -- and they bother(ed) to brush their hair and put on makeup properly. They responded to the expectations of an HD TV program. AH does not and, for some reason, is allowed to. Even if she was a great Victoria recast, that would still be a problem. How can you go on the #1 daytime soap looking like you just returned from a long mountain hike on a hot day without water?

• Members

I think she's beautiful and I love her as Victoria. She has lost weight since the death of her sister.

Her hair has been styled better lately. The other day it looked wonderful in the front, but messy in the back.

I wish criticizing actors' and actresses' appearance as in some of the posts above was not allowed. I don't know what good could possibly come of it. JMO.

• Members

So is Greg Rikaart. I noticed that he looked even more haggard than AH. yet he's got TWO young beautiful women in love with him. how? 

No one is talking about her weight. I wouldn't even comment on that. 

But her hair shouldn't look messy unless she's in bed. Neither intentionally nor unintentionally. 

• Members

I am now retired, but if my job included looking gorgeous, I would do everything in my power to reach that goal.  She was a beautiful young woman when she came to Y&R, but she isn't that person anymore.  My God, her mother looks better than she does, so I blame the Y&R staff for not insisting that she do something about her appearance.  You would think a national network like CBS would insist she looks her best.  Under her eyes, it looks like the mascara is slipping and that just doesn't compute.  I don't like AH, but I think that Y&R should step up and correct that.

• Members

I mentioned the hair and makeup thing, (and it wasn't just AH that I've talked about in the past) and someone practically jumped down my throat, called me a hater.  Like all of you, I was simply stating that I didn't think the hair and makeup and lighting people were doing a very good job on some actors.

I cannot understand why this continues to be such a problem on a show that's been in the business as long as Y&R. This show is not brand new, so I cannot see why they seem unable to fix it.  

From the interview, at least Mal Young seems to be addressing the wardrobe issues but now the hair, makeup and lighting issues must also be addressed.

The only characters who should look this bedraggled are characters who are strung out. 

Archived