Y&R: November 2016 Discussion Thread

• Members

Well that closes one of worst Y&R Thanksgiving weeks I can recall. Just awkward and awful. The only decent moment was Hilary giving the homeless woman cash to find her kids. Otherwise, the soup kitchen, cabin (making Abby stupid in order to blow up turkey simply to set up Jack eating Victor's pie...), Chelsea hosting but not being there and Newman groupings were way off the mark. I'm so glad this era is almost over. 

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It all fell flat. Everything. Even Hilary. The writing is so lazy. What would have resonated is Hilary having done the story and spoken with devon about how it resonated with her. Devon talk about his bio mother's mistakes and her coming to town homeless a few years back. Hilary deciding to use her resources to help the lady. Giving her a job. Finding her kids. Then doing a reunion with her family. Instead  of this, they just hsve Hilary being a bitch with everyone for  no reason, again. Sneaking giving a woman $500 and a note when she's got a national platform to seek the kids out just seemed throwing money at her guilt over having so much herself.  

EBs inability to connect with his dialogue unless he's yelling made his little speech also fall flat. he just seemed to be rambling. Nick is now pretending Noah doesn't exist. he didn't mention him. lily's twins are so privileged and don't know it. 

It was a big mess with no emotional punch. 

• Members

I used to love Jack and Phyllis but with Gina Tognoni in the role it just doesn't work for me... 

If GT is going to remain as Phyllis then they should end Phack for good because she is too young and too talented to be stuck in a dull pairing like this. Also MS's Phyllis was not up Jacks ass this much. LOL 

• Members

I forgot to say that last scene with Nick and Dylan was ridiculous.  Dylan announcing on Thanksgiving that he is suing for visitation. Just no.  Then that camera work with the shot getting closer and closer to Nick's face. Beyond silly. I just want to shake Dylan and say  on Nick's behalf "Dude, you are the child's uncle. Just lay low for a bit and Nick will let you play that role". Instead he listens to that fount of wisdom Sharon. So dumb.

• Members

PB/MS made that work. De-aging Phyllis and having someone as wonderful and fiery as GT paired with Aunt Jack has never worked - except when Phyllis was fighting him. I thought we'd moved past them with the Billy deal. Retreading Bacteria and Phack with these recasts rings hollow. If BM or MS returned, the audience could accept it. I'm hoping the new regime doesn't follow the current path. 

• Members

Ever since SSM gave her interview I've been thinking about something. How do you think people react to Y&R introducing an entirely new family the way Bell did with the Newmans and Abbotts back in the 80's? It'd definitely have to be a slow transition, but I wouldn't be opposed to it if it were Kay Alden in charge of it. This show feels like it needs a totally new overhaul. So many characters have been destroyed. I just don't know how they can be fixed lol

• Members
Ridiculous Thanksgiving scenes:

-- CHLOE is cooking dinner??? And Chelsea just leaves as if it's no big deal? And why in the hell were Paul & Christine invited there? And why Michael & Lauren? Made no sense.

-- Dylan gets mad at Sharon for not talking to him before consulting with Michael about Christian -- but then goes to Nick ON HIS OWN and says he's suing Nick for visitation? Huh???

-- Nikki ignorantly invites Dylan to the ranch for dinner but ignores and then berates Sharon in her own house? And Dylan just stands there like an idiot?

-- for NO reason, Victoria refuses to answer Travis' marriage proposal, but an hour later at the dinner table says yes? Huh???

-- Jack put a frozen turkey in his oven? Who does that? And he never realized the oven didn't work? What? And he prepared or bought zero side dishes while th burned bird is placed on the dining table? Who does these things?

-- Jack leaves the ranch one minute and the next he's walking in Chancellor Park? Huh???

-- Sharon snaps at one person after another, each snap followed 3 minutes later by an apology. Ugh.

-- Some of the homeless at Crimson Lights looked homeless, while others looked like they walked out of a Lands End catalog. The same six homeless people wandered around for two days. And Hillary has such a heart of gold she sends hundreds of dollars to one wayward mother? Please.

These episodes were bad from start to finish. It's like they quit trying to be realistic.

Archived