Y&R: November 2016 Discussion Thread

• Members

I hate to constantly complain about an actresses look, but somebody at Y&R makeup department needs to watch what she looks like on TV.  Her hair always looks like she just got out of bed and straggles down her face.  She has dark circles and bags under her eyes....have they not heard of concealer?  They lighten her hair, but she has big black eyebrows that look like woolly worms.  I don't even want to mention her mouth & teeth....she's a mess, and somebody at Y&R should certainly help her.  None of the other women on the show look so sloppy.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That would've been a much better route -then you get all that history with Victoria/Ashley back and Billy forced to choose between outing his sister or blabbing to his ex-. It would've been a good two-week story....

Please register in order to view this content

There have been only two interesting things from the Chrully fall-out: 1) Chelsea relating and not being a hypocrite + knowing she's keeping an even bigger secret; and 2) Faith's reaction. Everything else has been incredibly disappointing and underwhelming - the whole 'Dylan may be around in Christian's life...' nonsense. What? As far as they know, Dylan is his uncle! Are they going to ban him from future contact with his brother and family? Terrible. And where is Victoria offering support to her half-brother? I can't even remember the last time SB/VH shared a substantive scene as siblings. 

• Members

Same, I don't normally say  much  about the actresses' appearances because women get enough  grief without  my voice added to the chorus. 

But I watched this upcoming Monday's show and all I could think was hi-def is not AH's friend. None of them really except maybe MiM and MO. but AH looked especially haggard. 

And why are all the women going blonde again? Does Sally or Kay have a fondness for blondes? 

ONLY  thing missing is  the sores  

• Members

I know it's mean but I agree re: AH.  I'm a guy but have 3 sisters....they all still watch from time to time.  Growing up we had a phrase when someone's hair clearly needs a brush through it....."your hair looks like a cat sucked on the ends of it."  I was emailing with my middle sister just this week and I mentioned that...we cracked up.  She said, "man she's hard lookin'"  LOLLL

• Members

^I was watching some 2005 episodes when Amelia Heinle first started and she was very pretty. Her hair was nice and well kept too. What the hell happened to her? She probably just doesn't care much about her appearance outside of work.

• Members

If u didnt know Amelia has had personal tragedy in her life like her sister Jane Heinle passed away from cancer.have u all ever lost a sibling it can take a toll on u. i bet u all are happy Amelia had lost her sister. u guys are just so terribly incompassionate it disgusts me. everyone who.works with Amelia adores her. MTS calls her my angel.

• Members

I'm not an AH fan but she did admit in an interview that her mother has commented on her messed up look. This is obviously a choice and the Y&R brass are OK with it. It's a bit ironic she gets so much grief, when over the years people longed for return of 'non-hair models' to canvas (Traci, Nina primarily), but at same time, someone who fits that description- CG has been ripped by some viewers. Let's face it, we don't like AH's acting method, ripping on her looks is just a manifestation of that.

Honestly, the show is in shambles right now - it's boring. The new regime not only has to shake things up in short-term but must come up with compelling long-term stories. It won't be easy. 

Archived