Y&R: November 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

MTS hates the set. She's tweeted/retweeted negative comments about it for a good year or so. 

It is one of the ugliest, least logically laid out sets I've ever seen in daytime, primetime, theatre of film. It is startlingly bland. 

The original ranch set was so lush, detailed and textured. It was like a real home. 

• Members

I'm so glad I'm not alone! I was during a 'break' when Sharon burned it down. When I returned, I thought this was the temporary set! It doesn't fit the Newman style at all - look at TGVN's office and even the top of the tower. It's all high end - this set is just like a suburban house. Victor should just 'hire' Chloe and Kevin to 'take care' of the ranch. They both have experience with fire.... I'd like to see the old ranch living room but bigger. 

• Members

One of the truly disappointing aspects of the Chrully reveal is not going deeper into Sharon/Mariah. They've barely had scenes alone together. Are you kidding me? Mariah did all this for her mom - the mom she didn't know until less than three years ago - it was a powerful motivation considering how guarded Mariah has been based on her upbringing. It was really a pleasure to pair SC/CG for this story since they always worked so well together during the Cassie years. But not to give us substantive scenes during the fallout? I don't buy it at all. At the very least, more people should start calling out Mariah and I'd love to see Sharon - like she did interview - take all responsibility and protect her.  

• Members

LOL there is no Crully, theres Christian PERIOD

LOVE Vicki calling Sharon a coward, LOVE Dylan calling Sharon Dr A 2. 0, LOVE Sharon admitting she wanted to kidnap Christian, LOVE Nick giving no [!@#$%^&*] bout Sharon LOL

ETA LOVE that Nick held onto Sage's things for her son, even Sharon's bunny to Christian wasn't reality!

• Members

LOL get over it that bitch is six feet under. Do you really think Sage is going to continue being a part of Nick's memory when Sally's stuff starts airing? I think not. 

Also not sure what show your watching but Nick gave plenty of shits about Sharon. He's the reason she isn't in jail right now, and he brought her and Dylan to Christians birthday party. 

• Members

So I decided to start recording the show again after a decade away because of that interview with the new head writers. I figured it would be good to know where the characters stood.

Yeah that Newman ranch set is horrible. Better than the penthouse they were living in that looked like the set of It's a Living. But still awful (that said let's never go back to the salmon colored walls of the old ranch).

The birthday party felt very low energy considering what just happened but it was actually kind of nice to see so many characters interacting.

I've set up before and I'll say it again there is something wrong with Sharon Case's face. She looks so shiny and puffy, like she's coming down from a coke binge. Also when I used to watch the show I recall her being a much better actress.

This Travis guy is not cute. Why does Amelia Heinle get her teeth fixed? They're both dull regardless of their questionable looks.

Any scene with Jill gets my attention, even when she's supporting that giant baby Billy.

• Members

Sharon Case has definitely had some work done, but I don't hate it.

And as for Amelia Heinle, well she needs some work done. Those crows feet and crooked teeth, OH girl. She looks horrific. How are we supposed to believe these men would wanna fight over her?

Well her creator Chuck Pratt is still writing the show so he's obviously going to pretend that she's relevant until his [!@#$%^&*] finishes airing. 

Archived