Should JFP return to GH as EP?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I always assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that the only reason Jane didn't get marginalized during Jill's tenure like the rest of the Q's did is because Tony Geary wanted to work with her. So it would be Jill trying to appease Geary rather than having any personal interest in whether Jane was on or not.

• Members

The only reason anyone would want JFP back is because they actually liked and prefer the garbage that was the GH she was associated with.     As we saw, the moment she got to Y&R she recruited Pratt--the worst writer soaps ever saw--and Steve Burton to the show to weave their special magic.   It must have been a powerful spell indeed because she got herself fired.   Anything that repudiates JFP's presence on a show is a good thing.   Y&R should not only fire her, they show should Pratt, Burton and Thompson the door next.     Since her taste is uniquely bad and all her decisions are perpetually wrong, the new regime needs to just erase all traces of her having ever been on Y&R.  GH was doing right for a while there, but then RC and FV made the mistake and backtracked into the mob...and GH hasn't been good ever since.

I am surprised there aren't posts asking for Frons to come back.   It's the same thing. 

• Members

No. No she should not return. I don't like Frank either, but for me he's the lesser of the two evils. Frank seems to be shooting himself in the foot again, so I'm sure, unless GH ends soon, that he'll be out, but that's if they're paying attention and care. Throwing Pissy and Altman in there as HW's tells me they don't.

However, in terms of lighting and the look of the show? I'd welcome JFP back to simply fix that and not do anything else. The show looks so cheap and trashy under Frank.

• Members

That should NEVER be forgiven.  Georgie's death was unnecessary also, and I could not stand her.  The wrong Jones girl died.  

Frank a better EP?  Why because JFP focused on the characters you didn't like?  Her soaps had complete coherent NON CHEAP stories.  Yes, she has her challenges, but please call me when what's left of her entire cast is supporting to a bunch of worthless newbies, Howarth, Staff, Easton (on character #5), Miller, etc.  Poorly conceived trash characters and the worst actors ever!  On any given day, any scene has more newbies than real GH characters.  The show is cheap, the "stories" make no sense and way too much time and effort is put into making these failed friends of Frank work on GH.  They don't!  Oh, and record low ratings?  Canceled shows had much better #s than this current GH trash.  

Frank isn't a better anything!  

• Members

I think killing Alan was just as bad as killing Maureen.  Guiding Light was the kind of show that needed Maureen.  Once Steve Hardy was gone, GH needed Alan.  They were not the same type of character, but it always gave the hospital an important tie to a major family.  It gave hospital storylines stakes.

it looks awful.  His OLTL looked better.  The sets, the lighting, the colors.  It's dreadful.

Archived