Y&R: JFP Out! Mal Young In!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WOW!!! is all I can really say....LOL

as did most of you, I HATED what Jill changed with the show, sets and especially music wise....but I didn't particularly think it was horrendous in all honesty, but I do think this is a smart decision and really hope Pratt is out the door too....

I feel like I will never really get my hopes up anymore, when it comes to the show improving, but I'm still curious of who is going to replace JFP.....and I will just let time decide if they are successful or not...

• Members

Honestly why not hire Wendy Riche who would be great as EP. They need to give this show a veteran exec producer. Jill lasted four years and she won two emmys for best show. What if Steve tried to move Jill over to DAYS?

• Members

I said from the moment she pushed Pratt in the building her days were numbered. Bet she regrets all those costly sweeps stunts early in his tenure that lead nowhere.

I hadn't paid attention to Y&R since MAB and Rauch went bananas, Jill brought me back. I'd sum up her tenure as alright, close to mediocre. She's had some bad and some good but I've been able to watch consistently since she arrived and find things to enjoy. I just hope Pratt is out right after her and the next person can restore the richness and class that always set Y&R apart, it's been lost since Latham.

• Members

I remember reading that JFP changed the Chancellor mansion without informing the highers-up or the cast so maybe that is what did her in. She didn't ask permission (even though I'm sure in theory the highers-up couldn't give a [!@#$%^&*] about the old Chancellor set. It's about JFP making autonomous decisions and Sony/CBS establishing control).

Truthfully I don't think Pratt was *that bad* for Y&R. Honestly, LML, MAB and whatever that mess was before Pratt was worse.

I hope Tognoni stays. Ain't nobody who wants Stafford back but The Staff.

• Members

JFP does deserve some credit, at least behind the scenes. Things were a mess before she got there with a lot of mismanagement and infighting among the crew and cast - that changed when she took over, and by all accounts the cast and crew liked her a lot. MTS for example has said that this was the first time in over a decade where she felt a producer had brought a sense of normalcy back to the show. 

But yeah, I don't have a faith that a change in producers/writers will mean a better quality show...

• Members

It's been 61 episodes since I've watched. They are on the DVR, and I may watch, may not. UpChuck and JFP have been drumming the life out of the show for how long?...Hoping that UpChuck is next to be shown the door. He can take overused Amelia Heinle with him, among others...<looking at you, Dullan>. I will say under JFP the show was better than MAB or Latham...but really, how could it not be better considering their tenures. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.....

Archived