Y&R: JFP Out! Mal Young In!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm glad they've gone for someone outside of the US soap bubble of the usual recycled producers and writers. I'd imagine Pratt is on borrowed time but maybe the two share the same vision? Who knows? Hopefully the music and the look of the sets improves ...

• Members

He should bring Kay Alden back since she worked with Bill Bell from 1974 on and knows this show inside and out. I think they should also go back into the past and bring back some legacy characters from the Foster/Brooks era like Brooks Prentiss, Chuck Foster and Jennifer Elizabeth Foster. They would be fresh characters to work with and it would link all 5 decades of Y&R.

If they got rid of AH as Victoria and got HT to return to the role, I could see her being paired with Brooks if they found a dynamic actor to play the role. Maybe JLB as Lorie would show up on occasion and scrap with Nikki, since Lorie helped raise Brooks. 

• Members

Frank a better EP?  Why because JFP focused on the characters you didn't like?  Her soaps had complete coherent NON CHEAP stories.  Yes, she has her challenges, but please call me when what's left of her entire cast is supporting to a bunch of worthless newbies, Howarth, Staff, Easton (on character #5), Miller, etc.  Poorly conceived trash characters and the worst actors ever!  On any given day, any scene has more newbies than real GH characters.  The show is cheap, the "stories" make no sense and way too much time and effort is put into making these failed friends of Frank work on GH.  They don't!  Oh, and record low ratings?  Canceled shows had much better #s than this current GH trash.  

Frank isn't a better anything!  

• Members

Frank and Jill both being bad at their jobs does not automatically make the other person good. JFP has a showkiller rep going back to the Gulf War. She helped cripple OLTL, GH and a lot of other shows. Frank has become a petty, biased hack who is rivaling Jill. Both parties are bad. There is no person to lionize here.

• Members

So Steve Kent thanked JFP for her contributions and wished her all the best in a statement....but I haven't seen anything from him about how "We're thrilled to have someone as accomplished as Mal Young  ..blah blah blah". Has Sony actually uttered his name yet?  And - if not - why not? Makes me wonder if he will be Head Writer as well and they are waiting until they can fire Pratt to do one big "Mal Young Named Executive Producer and Head Writer of 'The Young and the Restless'" press release.

Or, does he have limited time to prove himself and, if he doesn't do so, he is out... so they are not making a big deal about his appointment? 

• 1 month later...

Archived