DAYS: Josh Griffith OUT! Quan Promoted to Co-HW with Higley!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think there's good news here, really. Griffith is talented but deserved to be fired for that rape, IMO. That being said he was still the only kind of quality writing hire DAYS has had in years. We prioritize hyperbole on the Internet but while daytime is often the exception to this rule few writers are all good or all bad. Griffith goes too dark and IMO warranted firing or a better co-writer, but he's also done great work and clearly loved some of those vets who Higley will dispense with (Patch and Kayla, who I love).

Anyone who truly believes the new guy is going to blaze a new path should check out this swamp land I'm selling. All Corday cares about is cheap, familiar and willing to work with his manic ADD - that's Dena Higley, his favorite lady. He has no commitment to hiring writers of quality or trusting in any vision other than that of his flighty mind and his yes-people.

• Members

Ok..Sony then, my point is that Sony or NBC has had at least half a say in who writes the show for years.  I believe it was a condition each renewal period. This time is different.  And I believe it's because the show will only be on another year while NBC develops a replacement.  Licensing fees were cut.  No money to pay two veteran headwriters.  Quan has no experience telling stories; he comes cheap.  This is Dena/Ken's show starting in Sept 2016.  I've already stopped watching.  They lost me with the Andre/Stefano/Hope plot.  And now the rape. The last six months did seem to have Griffith's noir/murder/mayhem stamp (that was never Dena's style).  

• Members

We don't know how long Dena was out this summer but we know that Beth Milstein changed her profile to show Days as her workplace in beginning of July.  Long story is written at least 8 months before airdate.  So it's possible recent Feb episodes were outlined while she was gone maybe in June but her long story document would have been done and Griffith would have been working off that during her short absence.   All the stuff airing is collaborative story between the two headwriters.  

Archived