DAYS: Josh Griffith OUT! Quan Promoted to Co-HW with Higley!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So apparently people are now tweeting pages of Dena Higley's memoirs in which she discusses her various meltdowns at length. I think that's going a bit too far as a fan myself but she does sound like a deeply unwell woman both on the job and off, and hers isn't the first voice I've heard that from.

This is telling though, and focused on the show and thus not as invasive as some of the other excerpts:

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Even with my very limited knowledge of American soaps, I know what resonates with me and Dena Higley's writing does not. However, bringing this up is a bit close to the knuckle.

As for the time this refers to, it looks like it's from when Ed Scott was Executive Producer. I think this episode is what led to Scott being shown the door. Pity because he produced a very good looking show.

• Members

Maybe Josh quit because he hated working with Dena. Josh did quit the show he had a one year deal. Honestly I can see Dena being a little cuckoo. I don't know why Ken keeps hiring her. She took credit in 2009 for the big baby switch story but it was Chris Whitesell that wrote it. In fact when Whitesell quit because he did Dena crashed and burned. I have no clue why Ken brings her back. Why not let Ryan Quan try to write days himself 

• Members

At this point, I honestly cannot think of any known headwriter who could take over DAYS and turn it into a well-written viable winner in the ratings. Once upon a time, in the days of William J. Bell and Pat Falken Smith, the show was adult, compelling, mesmerizing and POPULAR. Who could help make that happen again? Certainly none of the familiar hacks who keep getting recycled from soap to soap, and only end up crippling the show more. Maybe the network needs to go with someone who has never written for a daytime drama before. It worked with Harding lemay and ANOTHER WORLD.

Archived