DAYS: Josh Griffith OUT! Quan Promoted to Co-HW with Higley!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What's that saying about doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result? 

I have no words.

I say this with no knowledge at all but it seems to me that once the show was renewed, either Ken Corday or NBC pulled a power move and had tried to re-gain the show. And on that point, I wonder if Albert Alarr is going to be sacrificed as well? If it's seen that he has the stench of what is now the 'previous' regime..... 

• Toups locked and unlocked this topic
  • Members

This change has to be related to (a) finances and/or (b) the final deal Corday cut with NBC for the last year this show will be on the air.  I think it's both.  Quan is the lowest ranked writer on the staff; he will be paid minimum union wage for sure and he won't have the power that Griffith had.  I happen to think that Griffith was NBC's pick and that for this final year, Corday negotiated total control of the writing (which he hasn't had in a long time).  I bet Corday wanted Griffith gone and doesn't want NBC telling him who should write the show.  Quan is probably there to help Dena and Mark Higley (the couple acted as the scab headwriters during the 2008 strike; Mark is certainly working on story with Dena...) work on the last year of story.  Plus the licensing fee was probably further eroded and cuts had to be made.  Don't be surprised of more writers are let go and the staff trimmed down.  

• Members

Yes, he is. 

Please register in order to view this content

Michelle ValJean, who is African American, held the co-head writing position at GH for a short stint in 2001. 

SN: Why all the diverse people that come into head writing in daytime positions gotta share it? We can't never hold the title by ourselves. <_<

• Members

So what if firing JG was a money-saving move. He's been AWFUL. I'd rather turn over HW duties to the lowliest scriptwriter than to leave it with Josh Griffith. 

As as others have said, he was rotten at YR and he's been rotten at DAYS. Boring as hell, while giving us stories that belong on some other soap with some other cast.

i know Higley is no great shakes, but if I have to have her, without Griffith is better than with. I'm actually glad NBC fired JG so quickly. Wish it had been even sooner.

And asking for JG to join the GH HW Snooze Team? BWAHAHAHA!!!!!

Archived