Y&R: January 2016 Discussion thread

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Phyllis!

Please register in order to view this content

So she really is the one behind the kidnapping? I love it, get your revenge babe. I can't wait for the explanation tomorrow

LOL @ no one bothering to tell Lily about the setup and Victor keeping Nikki out of the loop only for Aunt Jacklyn to run his mouth. The actual fashion show was awkward but MCE did well playing the stakes of the situation

Pratt probably wet himself to this, very cute though

Funny seeing Sharon be the calm sane one in a scene. Anderson and her trickery seems to be coming to a head faster than I thought it would

• Members

Phyllis being the kidnapper is a nice twist, about the most interesting twist to happen on the show in months. The Noah twist on the other hand is worse than Dr. Anderson fiasco which bad. I'm on board with Noah being the villain in the Santori's love story because Luca and Marisa have definite chemistry and I could easily see Luca get thrown under the bus to make a heroic sacrifice for Noah.

So far Jason Thompson is decent as the Billy #6 but as long as they keep him around Heine it's going to suck still. 

• Members

I'm happy with Phyllis being the kidnapper too. I think Gina T is a great recast. I actually forget she is a recast except on days like today. I do miss that predatory gleam MS would get in her eyes in scenes like today's. She was really good at making me believe that Phyllis is dangerous.

• Members

"Shake my hand a little firmer....that a girl" fghjkl Phyllis :wub: I'm loving every minute of this, I hope she effs Victor's ish all the way up. Even better now that Billy is in on it. 

:lol: at Thyme punching Anderson and Nick. Anderson is doing the Lord's work making her lose her mind.

I swear Chelsea and Adam have a mandatory love scene at least once a month

I'm probably the only one who doesn't get sick of Victor and Nikki arguing the way they do but I need more of a mix of the happy and then the bickering, especially since they're not likely to get a divorce any time soon. They seem unhappy 24/7 nowadays

• Members

Eh.  Phyllis kidnapped Adam, hired cyber chick and put her undercover at Newman.  Why the need to kidnap Adam in the first place?  She could have set the deal up with Natalie regardless.  And seeing as how Phyllis wasn't even in on the original deal with Billy...:rolleyes:

More Pratt nonsense writing.  Making [!@#$%^&*] more complicated than it needed to be.  I don't buy it.  Doesn't matter anyway.  She will probably never be revealed as the kidnapper and even if she is, there won't be any fallout from it.

Thyme losing her [!@#$%^&*] today was good.  UpChuck can continue writing her any which way he wants.  Useless character.

These stories are built on characters behaving out of character, so who gives a damn.

• Members

I think Sage is working some kind of plan either with or without Nick. I also think that if her idea is to get sent to the mental institution in order to expose Sandy, it's a bad, bad plan.

Is the idea here that Phyllis was the very first investor, even before Billy or Kevin knew anything about it? If so, that's a ridiculous coincidence.

If Adam and Chelsea do have a mandatory sex scene every month, God bless Y&R. This show is pretty light in the love in the afternoon department these days.

• Members

With the exception of a couple of episodes and a lot of good individual scenes, but really didn't further much story, January has actually been quite a surprise (in a good way). It seemed like show starting right before Xmas turned it around. The Phyllis twist was good. It's also good that TGVN already suspects this 'woman' is from GC. I still can't over how much Natalie resembles EH - it's bizarre. 

JT is really working for me and I didn't watch his work on GH. And, as much as it KILLS me, I've been enjoying Burning Bush for the past couple of weeks. And, staged or not, throwing that punch at Dr. A was awesome! I swear I never thought I'd enjoy Sage scenes - but it's working for me. Constant kudos to SC for playing up Sharon's insecurities, vulnerabilities, etc. I just can't imagine what the scenes will be like when Sharon finds out about Sully. I hope they play this out for awhile.

Oh, and Chelsea and Adam are going to be so done after that scenes today. It was so blatant - it was laughable - but very traditional soap stuff.

Archived