Y&R: January 2016 Discussion thread

• Members

As much as I'm beyond over Kevin, I'm glad they are at least trying something somewhat interesting for GR and having a great screen partner with CG. I view GR in the same context as SC - they both have had horrific, ridiculous and character-ruining S/L, yet they are always present and play it out as if it were a great S/L. Plus with vets (13 years for GR) should be given every opportunity to succeed. Though if this story flops, I do think he's off the show. 

On a separate note - that I had to come back and add after watching Tuesday (US) just now, it's official H*LL has frozen over! I was totally feeling Burning Bush - the way she read Nick was fantastic! I'll admit, I'm completely surprised by this - although I did notice a shift in the writing for the character after Xmas - and not so much as propping Sage, but making her less annoying and giving her some purpose. BTW - after Sharon went off on Dylan and Chelsea, anyone else get sense that the 'reduced' meds are already impacting Sharon? 

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Like I said she's been on consistently the last few weeks even though its mostly to support other characters. Its obvious TPTB understand CG's worth.

Chelsea and Sharon scenes are always so awkward but in a good way. They try to be friendly but end up arguing and then circling back.

Does anyone remember that weird scene during Jean and Shelly's run where a little while after Adam died, Chelsea, Sharon, and Jack met up at the penthouse and basically gave exposition of their current storylines to each other? It was so random and all three actors looked lost. That is what the scene between Devon and Abby at the Athletic Club reminded me of. Those two do have a natural chemistry though, always have.

I hope tech girl isn't long for the show, she's getting on my nerves and her serious soap face during that last scene with Victor was hilariously cringe inducing.

I wish a more exciting actress was playing Dr. Anderson, the woman in the role is competent but very blah. I hope she keeps driving Condiment crazy and putting a wedge between her and Nick though.

• Members

Elizabeth Bogush is doing good with the material she is provided with, IMO. I only wish she'd drive Sage out of town for good.

And yeah, Camryn Grimes finally got more airtime. After 5 episodes in November 2015 she went up to 15 in December, and currently has 10 so far in January.

• Members

Yeah it iin't what you said in the post I replied to but thanks for now clarifying, but really CG and KS's episode counts have nothing to do with each other

Anyway

its  obvious  to me that Dr. A is gonna gaslight Sage like Kelly/Phyllis and Sage will end up in VW like the nightmare she had.

• Members

I am thinking along these same lines too esp after yesterday's eppy where she went off on Dr. A...I have to say I did a big whoop when she told her about staying out of their lives; the way the dialog was going I'm speccing that Sage finds out about Sully first no one will believe her and think she's cray cray.

• Members

I know what I said but I'll go ahead and give further clarification since you still seem to need it. Vee asked what broke that other Sharon hating troll. I replied her fave Condiment hadn't been on the last week but Mariah, a character & actress said Sharon hater constantly trashes for no reason other than hating her on screen mother, had been on constantly, so that was a possible reason why they were mad. See the correlation now?

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

No I don't see the connection since the Troll has been hating on CG/Mariah for months and hasn't gushed bout Nage in months as well, so its  a reach at best as per usual a  whack excuse to hate on my Seasons, its all good, and thanks again, I think LMAO

Todays show was good, LOVED Nage/Phack with Villy, TGVN was funny with Dylan, LOVED that after all her babbling Nick didn't buy what Sandy was selling but sadly my spec is Sandy will frame Sage for kidnapping her own kid!

• Members

If only Snortoria would have let Billy set her free, sigh. I'm still liking JT in the role but the scenes of everybody fawning over bum Billy were just cheesy all around, but yes Aunt Jack you should feel guilty for pulling the plug so easily

I was surprised Marissa just let Dylan know Victor had her kidnapped but of course it led to no charges even being looked into. Victors crack to Dylan about Daddy giving him a badge was funny

It was no reach but I'll just let you keep playing obtuse.

• Members

As opposed to you actually being obtuse.  Here I will help you, the Troll was bashing CG/Mariah when Condiment was on screen as well as off thereby one has nothing to do with the other so yeah no connection but hey in  bizarre world, sure there is a connection LMAO 

• Members

Yooooooooou are noooot aloone

Post more!

You only proved my point further, if the hate for one is already at 10 when their fave is on, Mariah being on constantly in Condiment's absence is only going to incite more rage. Clearly you're the one who needs help but my ignore list will take care of that.

Archived