Y&R: January 2016 Discussion thread

• Members

I was referring to the past month - that I've tried to just enjoy for what it is now. Off the rails - that B&B for sure. It became unwatchable in less than five weeks after being on fire for nearly a year and it hasn't recovered.  And, I agree completely on the no consequences and many of your points. How in the world could Phyllis forgive Aunty Jack when he was willing to expose her but PROMISED TO PROTECT MARISSA!!! That was a true WTF moment for me. And the REAL Phyllis would have kicked him in the b@lls if he had any.

I've accepted that stories like Sharon are beyond unbelievable - as I noted when it was happening - but the actors they are featuring are at least not going OTT. I'm sick of Burning Bush and wish she'd go away, but Dr. Anderson desperate attempts to insinuate herself into this people's lives are jawdroppingly hilarious, but not a complete stretch. And at least we have Mariah, who is the voice of the audience.  

A good example of illogical and completely random plot points: Chelsea NOW discovering that Victor gets a share of the profits. Um, didn't your lawyer review that contract??? But at least Victor gave a logical and plausible reason why it would benefit Chelsea. Instead of weeks of Chelsea fighting Victor and agonizing over it - the got to the point - Chelsea is back in the building and working again. I really don't mind that.

I guess I'm a sucker for the fact that I get to see my favorite actors a lot and that they aren't isolated in two character boring scenes all the time. 

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm at the point the only saving story I can even suggest to the show is bring back Jeffrey and Gloria from the oblivion their in  and put them in a quad with Colin and Jill but alas of course that will never, never ever happen. 

Nikki and Neil have been teased since last year during their unusual drinking friendship. 

• Members

Nikki/Neil could have been interesting a year ago, but UpChuck has done so much damage to Neil....among so many others...

I do think setting up Dr. Hayward-lite's lab in Jabot will allow for more crossover between the Winters clan/Abbotts, so that doesn't bug me.Michael E. Knight has been enjoyable as the quirky doctor, which I wish I could say about Tad Martin's last few years. That is, if UpChuck can try to write the story...I'm not...

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I'll believe Neil will be paired up with Nikki when I see it. Until then I'll expect Pratt to write Neil in the same position he's been written for the past two years. That being leading any story that Hilary gets either as love interest or villain thereby frustrating viewers, most of whom never wanted her tied to him anyway. 

Unless CBS has changed their view on Nikki/Neil, they won't be happening romantically. But Pratt hates being told no so he will keep them in each others orbits in this psuedo romance where he finds juvenile reasons for them to kiss. When he wants to tell a story, he tells it come hell or high water. He may change a few things around but he will tell it. Such a hack! LMBO! 

Archived