Y&R: January 2016 Discussion thread

• Members

I often thought that Badgley could still pull off being Phillip/Chance, but it's just that he has gotten a little bit bigger in primetime/movies (not that sometimes that doesn't really mean anything) but he's also aged well so I would be all for him reprising his role as adult Phillip....

of course the sad reality is that this isn't 20-25 years ago, so I probably will never see any younger actors I watch on various primetime shows join soaps as any of the missing/remaining Abbotts.Newmans,Chancellors,Winters/Hastings Fenmore/Graingers etc....kids, as well as any Forrester/Logan etc...kids or anywhere else for that matter...and at this point it's probably for the best they stay away from joining soaps too....

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Who would be a believable romantic lead for Mariah?  Mariah is the female version of Kevin. She is the type you settle for when you can't get THE GIRL you really want. I remember how Chloe settled (briefly) for Kevin when she couldn't have  (hunks) Chance or Ronan. 

• Members

Are we STILL on this? Ridiculous.

On to actual episode discussion.... Jill was unbearable today. LMAO at Phyllis's side eye to Jill's rants! She looked like she wanted to throttle her every second she had to listen to her hysterics.

There's nothing dumber than an ignorant young man. Noah has to go to his almighty gramps to bail him out. And is it just me or does Marisa look much older than Noah?

Today's show was so depressing. Jill's guilt trips cracked me up. Then again, maybe I'm just an unemotional sociopath.

• Members

Even though Jill hasn't been there for Billy either, and while Billy definitely a hypocritical sinner himself I did think Walton killed it by showing Jill's own emotional pain and calling out everyone on their own hypocrisy which is nice for a change. As Jill said herself she is just trying to find something to blame on Billy's downfall. 

Other than that the show was depressing and tedious. Last time I saw a story this bad it was on Passions with the whole "Is Antonio going to live or die" story. 

• Members

There's just not enough classic episodes around.....even the ones I have are still limited.....I hope by spring that will change...(it seems like more stuff always becomes available around that time for some reason....at least with this one specific seller)

• Members

I can't believe Victor is giving Noah such bad advice. This is just an awful nonsensical development. Noah had no motive at all to hit Billy. He accidentally hit someone who was on the ground in a parking lot. Not exactly the crime of the century. They just watched Adam go through this. :blink:

Archived