Personally, I think Francesca James was the last EP on AMC who had any sort of actual vision for the show (even if hers was a vision I didn't always agree with, lol). You can kinda tell when a show is being produced by someone who's actually producing the show - meaning, they're taking all the parts that go into making the show (acting, writing, directing, lighting, costume/set design, etc.) and making them work toward the same goals - and when it's being produced by someone whose "vision" is either so all over the map or totally nonexistent that those elements wind up crashing into each other and creating a total mess onscreen. (Too many examples to mention, lol).
Like I said, I didn't always agree with James' vision as EP, but I do agree that it was the last time (for me) when AMC appeared to be produced by one who had a clear idea of what they wanted from everyone, both collectively and separately, and who was taking appropriate measures to get the best work out of everybody. Contrast that with her immediate successor, Jean Dadario Burke, who, IMO, looked so lost that I'm not sure she even KNEW which show she was producing.
By
Khan ·
Create an account or sign in to comment