GH: October 2015 discussion thread

• Members

I feel like Guza really did snuff out everything GH could have been and once was. As much as I complain about Ron, he did bring some life back to the show briefly, but it's like living next door to annoying people who scream outside your door all night. 

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sorry, I must have missed the life he brought to the show.  Ron hadn't told one complete coherent story in his entire 3 years.  He simply didn't know how.  HACK!  His GH was garbage and hate Guza and his shortcomings all you want, but he told stories, and that is what soaps are about.  He Sweeps were big and made sense.  With Guza/Phelps, there would be no Miller, Stafford, Paevey, Howarth stinking up the joint.  The vets were back?  I remember the foolishness of Anna in bed with Luke and he walks out while she looks in disappointment like an underpaid hooker.  Remember she pulled the mask off of Duke to learn that it was Faison, he was taken away and then a few minutes later, she is about to have sex with Duke on the couch? Finding out the man who tormented her was masquerading as her lover didn't deter her one bit.  Robert on a ledge ready to jump because Robin is dead but skips out of town after learning he has a son that's not his?  

The vets were brought back?  Where are they?  Exactly what did they do while here?  

• Members

I think Tracy should have a cancer storyline. She has breast cancer 20 years later from Monica. Show the struggles of it and what to do. Have Monica and Tracy bond as Tracy is told she has months to live and is dying. Just a great way to give the Quarter mains a heartfelt storyline.

Agnes Nixon. Douglas Marland, Bridget and Jerome Dobson, Pat Falken Smith. Henry Slesar, Bill Bell and Gordon Russell to name a few did it better than Jean and Shelly for decades. Gary Tomlin actually was once a great writer and did a great Job on Another World. Jeanine P co wrote the first couple of years at ATWT with Hogan Sheffer who was a better writer.

Guza did a lot of damage killing off Alan, Emily, Tony and Georgie as Sonny, Carly and Jason{Stone Cold} Morgan ate up GH. But Guza could tell a story from beginning to end unlike Ron. As a GH viewer since 1987 the last 15 years have been hard. Ron did bring back the vets like Scotty, Lucy, Kevin, Felicia then did nothing with them.

Archived