GH: October 2015 discussion thread

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Look how man threads get derailed. Can we finally do something about this? Can we get back to discussing the show? That is if anyone's watching?

I love that Alexis and Anna have houses. Love Anna's, for a few reasons (the AMC tie-in).

I despised the Julian/Alexis fawn over Leo as Lucas and Sam gushed about Julian being sooooo noble to not fight Olivia. Ugh. I hate this propping of him so much.

I'm really over this awful Dillon/Valerie/Dante/Lulu quadrangle. Really over it. And Maxie is the most pointless character ever along with her boyfriend, Deadwood the producer's pet.

I'm actually sort of liking Hayley Erin as hot drunk mess Kiki. She's making me sort of feel for the girl finally. I'll give her that. Her acting is still a bit hysterical at times and giving her a drinking story was ... interesting ... but it works. I'd rather she be written out but eh.

Nice to see Scott and Ric make their cameos. Sigh.

Ava and Maura are looking fantastic. I really don't give a [!@#$%^&*] about this custody garbage. I like that we're seeing her at her gallery again.

I still miss the nice pier. I do. Can we ever get that back? If Alexis can get that nice ass house set, we can get the pier back.

The show's been watchable. Nothing great by any means. There's little urgency and the stakes created to climax these stories were contrived to begin with. I'm guessing they wrap up soon. It's been nice to have less bright lighting (sort of), an attempt at slightly better dialogue, a slight better use of the canvas, and characters in HOMES again. It's not great but it's better than the campy mess Ron gave us.

• Members

Omg omg I found the most glorious post about smarttv I have seen. Here it is

THANK YOU FOR THE WORDS.....
Character-driven dialogue makes a HUGE difference...hearing the stories from the POV of characters is natural.....is emotional...is vulnerable..is heartfelt and it compelling.....Telling a story in a linear fashion with a beginning, middle and end matters...foreplay, emotional beats and climaxes matter

THANK YOU for RELATIONSHIPS
Family takes care of each other, sticks by each other, challenges each other....Friends are are rocks, our confidants....or support system...Spouses/LOVERS....are our joy, and heart and our passion and our partners.....children make us better, makes us protective and more honest.....Seeing romantic relationship, friendships, families and parents challenged, conflicted, protective, loyal, insecure...happy, worried...that's what we relate to, what keeps us connected to these characters.

THANK YOU FOR RESTORING THE BRAND
Putting two anchor families in place..the Scorpios and the Spencers by adding Fiona Hughes and Genie Francis to the cast on contract matters....Now we have strong women representing the Scorpios, The Spencers and the Q's (with JE).......Bringing Back ROBIN AND ROBERT, IF ONLY FOR A SHORT STINT IS BRILLIANT, because the dangling story of Robin, along with the horrible use of TR...in his last go round...allows the writing team to redo the drama of
a return, a restored family and a happy ending.....They do not have to stay long to make an impact if done RIGHT...Closure,,,good stories and relationships matter.....VETS should not be treated as EYE CANDY to draw viewers.......they should be utilized to CREATE MOVING STORY arcs that welcome them home even for a short while...and if done well..the viewer will appreciate the visit and the actor will leaving knowing he/she was vital to good TV and will gladly comeback again

All indicators point to a better vision.....I am hopeful and excited about GH again..it feels familiar and comfortable...and is a JOY to watch because things are "MOVING AGAIN" ....I feel and I see the show I have loved come to life again.....
I hope they promote the NEW direction.....and WELCOME HOME...both the characters and audience who have made GH a standout daytime for decades

http://boards.soapcentral.com/showthread.php?1023802-THANK-YOU-TO-GH-TEAM-Words-Matter-relationships-matter-and-BRAND-matters

Omg I am in tears right now a beautiful amazing post love letter to the new GH and smarttv. Wow is all I'll say the posts just keep coming people are so happy their GH is back.

Smart TV aka Dead TV Halloween Episode :rolleyes:. Almost fell asleep during Dante's and Sonny's conversation. Maxie's and Spinelli's conversation was just as dull and boring. I notices that quick scenes are back. Tracy and Ava meowing and hissing at each other was ok at least it kept me awake. The Dante, Lulu, Dillon and Valerie quad is awful. Saint Sonny giving saint Dante advice :rolleyes:. How can a fat Jason marry Liz and adopt Cameron and Jake without any :rolleyes: ID's? I can not feel sorry for Ava at all i just can't. I know this episode is setting up Lulu finding about Dante and Val and the big overlong Jason reveal but it was a chore to watch.

Archived