GH: October 2015 discussion thread

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Guza mostly lost his way in terms of coherent stories several years before he was fired. The whole mess with Brenda's last return, all the pandering to Geary with Ethan, the Franco egomania, et al.

I certainly don't think the "life" Ron brought was good, I just meant there was some, if you enjoyed that type of thing. I didn't enjoy Connie raping herself for a haha, but some fans did, and they got hype going and made sure we knew GH was now the best ever again, thanks to our saviors. None of that really happens now, so it's more of a dead show waiting to be canceled.

• Members

When TIIC turned away from storytelling and decided to make "celebrities" out of favs, soaps were on their death bed.  However, there was still stories told even tho the focus was on a few characters.  Now, Soaps are nothing but zombies trying to feed off of any viewer they can find.  Unfortunately, if you are not a stan, you are SOL.  Soap characters die, but Guza/Phelps determination to eliminate the Qs was heartbreaking.  I hated when Alan died, but give me a story, and event like The Hostage Crisis, and I can forgive losing a fav.  IMHO, The Hostage Crisis was the last great soap Sweeps event.  It was spectacular!  

Unfortunately, Brenda's last return under Guza was a mess and Marcil played a part in that mess.  She refused to play the story of having Sonny's grandchild and demanded it be rewritten.  ABC caved.  When it was time to go, Marcil wanted to stay but Guza was not going to write Brenda and promptly trashed the character on her way out.  

• Members

I will always like the old Brenda but hated her Guza 2010 stint. Right now unfortunately the cast is too big for her return. I rather see them focus on the core characters we have now. I think Budig is absolutely delis as Hayden. Would love to see Hayden open up a Fusion and launch a new perfume.

• Members

I need Brendumbass' return to free Carly from Scummy!  She serves no other purpose!  She was so full of herself with the demands and wanted the SnB relationship untarnished (wacko).  Now, for the sake of mortgage payments, she will play whatever story they give her!  

• Members

Their History is from 2011 on. Thats not a history of the show. They may be vets in their industry but both are newbies at GH and am sorry I dont think newbies should be HWing GH. Where  are THom Racina or Sherri Anderson

• Members

Was I the only one that noticed the cover of the OLTL Starr X'ed Lovers song "A Lot To Say" playing over the first Nikolas and Hayden scene when Sam walks into The Floating Rib? I thought my ears were playing a trick on me but there it was! Insane throwback.

Also, Anna's new house is the AMC Chandler mansion set, yes?

Archived