Days: September 2015 Discussion thread

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Eric Martsolf looks great. Brady is kind of a prig, but he's nowhere near as bad as the consistently terrifying and sanctimonious Daniel Jonas. I haven't liked that guy since he started out chasing Chelsea, who was a fraction of his age.

I like the various women focused on work as opposed to babies. I just tend to be very skeptical of DAYS. Historically it will improve for a few days or weeks, pretend as though it's turning over a new leaf with intelligent writing, then do something ridiculously goofy and fall apart again. It has never truly shed Reilly's influence - which is why we still have stuff like Caroline hallucinating her dead husband's face in the mirror. "Oooh, Shawn!" It always falls back on FX and over the top chicanery. But so far I am pretty engaged, enough to hang in there for a while. It's not bad.

The pacing is a little off, but not as bad as GH. OTOH, I'm not sure even GH would've made Eve process her daughter's death as quickly as she did in this past week.

Poor Ari Zuker looks terrible. What have they done to her? Why does she look like this? Why is her hair this way? And did Judi Evans have a lot of work done or did she lose a lot of weight, because I almost didn't recognize her. She looks lovely but it was almost a Renee Zellweger moment.

They should've left John's origin story as it was with the whole Brady/DiMera thing. That story may not have been genius but I just don't see a point in doing it for the umpteenth time.

• Members

This is why soaps should use the death of a child sparingly. Watching a realistic mourning period is draining and depressing for the audience. On the flip side, watching someone function normally and get over it in a matter of weeks is less realistic than Marlena's possession.

• Members

I wouldn't say I liked the music over JJ/Jennifer's scene, but given that the purpose was to make it seem like they were talking under the music in case the house was bugged made it a nice attention to detail for me.

I am disappointed they didn't show JJ tell Jennifer about Paige last night.  It just seemed like their conversation was all about Clyde and not about JJ losing Paige. 

• Members

Did anyone else crack up at the scene of J.J. in the park dressed up exactly like the Unabomber?

Please register in order to view this content

Fuckin' Rafe. "I attached the two JAY-PEGS!" Sit down, Galen Gering.

Who would be encouraged by Police Chief Roman's voicemail? It sounds like a drunk old fool mumbling into the phone. "leffuhmasssaggeuwhhghggehqaqaqwaaaahhhhh"

• Members

There's always some weird, inappropriate detail to DAYS scenes. "Let's play honky-tonk music over this suspenseful scene!" I sometimes wonder where and how the show is produced, like is it in a time warp ten years in the past, in the midwest.

Archived