Days: September 2015 Discussion thread

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Now that I'm done with work...

I enjoyed the history in today's episode. I didn't come onto DAYS until the Devil possess Marlena arc so any knowledge is welcomed in my quarter. That and I love Julie.

I love seeing Kate scheme, and Theresa as a protégé...PRICELESS.

After today I am thinking Eric is the killer as well. But why Paige? Hmmmm.

I would like to say that Nicole/THeresa are shades of Y&R Cheslea/Chloe.

• Members

I really liked most of  Friday's episode.  My biggest take away from the whole week is that Richard Bloore, costume designer, needs to go STAT. 

I've been impressed by how the writers have so quickly shifted people's careers and modified motives and explained things to launch their stories.  They had no problems quickly dispatching the worst aspects of Tomsell.  Kudos.  They have a ways to go but so far most of what they've done makes sense or at least isn't glaringly stupid.  It shows planning and intelligence.  I thought Friday's outline was very good and the switch to morning was logical. Soaps have been doing that for years.  It was clear that they edited Julie's scene at the Martin house.  There were lots of surprises in Friday's episode.  I really liked the Caroline plot developments and that they are bringing in the Martin past...that could be very interesting.  I am thinking John is going to be connected to the Martins/Julie/Susan or some early Days family.  Caroline seeing Shawn in the mirror was a huge surprise.  Love Peggy McKay.  The Martin set didn't impress me but we'll see how that one goes.  But again, with the costume design.  Marlena's dress horrendous.  Eric's tie: what were they thinking; put him in a tight Lacoste polo.  They are $99 for two at the Lacoste outlets LOL.  I don't think daniel is the killer.  Eric is still at the top of my list but it could be something more predictable like Aiden. Aiden was the only character we saw go to the Dimeras so he may have left the teeny tiny flower in Paige's shower.  Ok I admit that bit of forensic plot was somewhat laughable.  

I like how characters are in the middle of talking when a scene starts and that major characters are embedded in the middle of the episode.  It's a nice surprise to not know all the plots/characters who will appear in an episode after watching seven scenes in a prologue.  

I really enjoyed the scenes with Chelsea/Blaire/Eve and Marlena.  It made sense to focus on Eve's grief and not muck things up with JJ at this point.  

Looking forward to next week's episodes.

Nice directing by Noel Maxam on Thurs and Friday.  Only detractions are the terrible Horton Square and park sets and that horrid coffee shop with the 20 varying patterns on walls.  

• Members

I think the killer is Aiden too. It'll probably come out that he really did kill his ex-wife too. But I am just underwhelmed by this murder mystery. DAYS usually excels at murder mysteries and this one ain't cutting it. Yeah, it's getting rid of the deadweight but that's it. But I guess b/c it came out of left field. At least DAYS is trying. 

Archived