June 22-26, 2015: GH Again Sinks To New Lows in W18-49 Demo

Toups

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Beyond deserved, but it pains me that moRon and Varni can't be counted on to see that a change is needed. moRon is crying and lashing out - Soap Diva style. Varni is blaming the low ratings on the Summer and said that ratings 18-49 have dipped lower (I beg to differ) before them. It's just a Summer trendjeal0002.gif So I don't care if it gets canceled! Bring on Tyra!!!!!

• Members

Sheffer destroyed ATWT and nearly got DAYS canned. Marlene is mostly only liked for about two weeks of material. I guess Hamner would be best of a bad bunch.

I rarely link to this site, but it's probably one of the bigger sites in today's dying soap industry, and those who run it are always happy to get involved with defending Ron and Frank and making sure we know it's anyone else's fault.

Their "suggestions" for improvement (give Sonny a big story because he's a hot central lead and deserves more, just tone Nina and Franco down and they'll be fine as leads, keep Ron and Frank because they saved GH once and can do it again) are a great example of how difficult it will be to make major changes in the show - the adoration for Ron and Frank and their version of GH and the enabling of them, even as ratings are at an ever-decreasing all time low and Ron has become a bad joke on social media, means that they're even less likely to ever bother to get, or listen to, constructive criticism.

There's an idea out there that it's more important to care about the people who write or producer a show than caring about the actual show itself. It's one of the things that has killed daytime, and helped kill GH (all the Luza worship that cropped up in the mid-90s and helped give him far more power than his talent ever warranted). And I guess it will take subzero ratings for that to change.

http://daytimeconfidential.com/2015/07/03/general-hospital-is-in-ratings-trouble

• Members

Jamey has zero credibility.

Sonny being front and center again is not the answer. I wouldn't mind Sonny leaving the canvas. Just like Luke is has overstayed his welcome.

The show right now doesn't have one story that is INTERESTING to watch. But the problem with GH eroding ratings goes back to the Luke mess of a story. I think the audience had enough of Luke and his over dramatic acting. Other stories like Nina and Franco also helped the ratings woes. Add the slow crawling speed of finding out Jake is Jason but instead we get more endless unnecessary chit chats leads to another boring story no one cares about. The ELQ takeover…another zzzzzzzzz moment.

It doesn't help that none of the actors on GH can save the horrible stories with their acting. Not even Maura who I so enjoyed on ATWT is saving the mess that is Denise DeMuccio.

​It is time to for a writing change and also possibly an EP change. I wouldn't mind seeing Pamela Long take over as HW at GH. She is still writing and penning movies for NBC. Maybe bring back Wendy Riche as EP along side Pamela Long. Things can't get worse with these two ladies in charge.

• Members

The numbers are very worrisome. Unfortunately, in television, it is all about the numbers. To me, it's almost frightening how fast the pendulum can swing from high praise to people calling for the crucifixion of the people who run a show behind the scenes. Ask Lisa De Cazotte about that, who was here today and gone tomorrow from Days. Something will most likely happen soon, and truth be told, i'm nervous. Usually, after a crucifixion there is a resurrection of some name from the past that is so frightful and so totally off the wall that even the sources closest to the sets are caught off guard. Chuck Pratt's return on Y&R is a prime example of that. Wouldn't it be hysterical, for example if Maria Arena Bell showed up as EP for GH? The logic seems to be no logic, at least to me. Sometimes, this behind the scenes stuff is almost more interesting than any of the shows themselves.

Archived