Michael Logan interview with Pratt and JFP

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The only good thing about this interview was Pratt calling Brian Frons a crazy network executive.

The issue is JFP and Pratt don't understand Y&R's core being about powerful women. The men were pawns, even Victor, who was hired by Katherine. The lack of Jill is stark.

• Members

I get what you're saying but, then again, it's becoming clearer and clearer that this old goat just fantasturbates on the likes of Babe, Abby Newman, Summer, etc.

They're his chosen type of female object.

• Members

I'll be more excited when.he interviews.Griffith and higley...two writers I'd.never thought would be paired together.

She has good plot ideas..but has trouble adjusting these ideas to fit the character. He is good with character but had bad ideas..

And with Broderick still in charge of breakdown...I think this could work...maybe.

I want that interview.

• Members

I'm not a huge fan of JFP, but honestly, in hindsight all these years later, does anyone really think that not killing Maureen Bauer would've stemmed the show's decline throughout the '90s/'00s and staved off cancellation? Sure, I guess it was devastating and shocking at the time, but I don't think her death and its effects on the Bauer family as a unit had people tuning out in droves. And let's be honest, even if Maureen hadn't been killed off, does anyone really think that the character eventually would not have become invisible and not have devolved into a "talk-to" character with a couple of appearances a month, that is if Ellen Parker would've even hung around another 20 years?

• Members

I wasn't watching back then, but from what I have read it sort of destabilized the ratings and several stories fell apart right around the same time. Then they lost writers that were key, and P&G and CBS wanted more shocking storytelling to goose the ratings. I can't imagine her with Rauch and the stories they told then, but it kind of cut the heart out of the show. I do think it helped push the Bauers out.

Archived