Michael Logan interview with Pratt and JFP

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Pratt: And people will never forget that I killed Babe.
Phelps: Every time he says that I think he's talking about the pig.
Pratt: Babe on All My Children. I liked her and thought she was kind of cute, but [the network] said, "Kill Babe." So I did.

WTF?!
And their ego's are through the damn roof. Good God.

• Members

Yeah, shows just how terrible of a writer he is when a doppelganger story is the only thing he could come up with as an idea for an umbrella story that could reignite the Victor and Jack feud. I'm sure everyone on this board could think of a better story idea. How about moving that feud to the next generation? Have Nick and Victoria work at Newman and go up against Billy and Kyle at Jabot, with Victor and Jack involved.

• Members

I noticed something in their comments, and it speaks to both of them and their history. The icons, the core of Y&R is Jack and Victor according to Pratt, and GH is Sonny and Luke according to Phelps. Not incorrect I suppose, but not one icon is a female character? Not Laura, without whom Luke would not have been iconic. Not Brenda who during her first return drove GH's ratings up to levels Sonny by himself couldn't achieve? Not Nikki, who is as important as Victor, nor Jill that should be? Or even Phyllis?

The thing they forgot about their time with Monty is she created strong women that were solid characters and were not just there to be somebody's girlfriend. Anna, Holly, Felicia, Bobbie, Monica etc. They had jobs, family, friends, and lovers. Let's see if part two of this interview gives us any insight to how the women will be portrayed other than being described as cute or being killed off or plot points.

• Members

The thing is Jim Reilly did this so much better with Kristen and Susan. This story if it was on DAYS works but not on y and r. It's so plot driven he's sacrificing character to make plot exciting. Y&R brand is slower paced with great climax.

• Members

Absolutely. Jack and Victor are Y&R? Since f&cking when? No surprise they would think so.

Y&R's heart is and always will be Jill and Katherine, and Y&R's women (take your pick) always were its main strength.

• Members

It's also how they've been treated (especially Victor) for eons, with Logan doing heavy lifting to make that an absolute. They never give a [!@#$%^&*] about Jill. With Jeanne gone they can just pretend Katherine never existed.

Given how little Bergman and Braeden deliver these days and how much their egos get in the way, you'd think a new writer would take the opportunity for a new start, but it's the same old puckering up.

• Members

I do think Y & R had a strong female core.. as well as a strong male core. The 70s had Leslie/Lorie along with Jill/Katherine... and the 80s had Nikki/Jill/Lauren/Nina/Cricket/Ashley... the 90s had Drucilla/Phyllis... in the 200s and 2010s, I'm drawing a blank on any strong female characters... I think Hilary has potential.. but I doubt Pratt/Phelps will do anything with her for a # of reasons.

I do think Y & R had a strong female core.. as well as a strong male core. The 70s had Leslie/Lorie along with Jill/Katherine... and the 80s had Nikki/Jill/Lauren/Nina/Cricket/Ashley... the 90s had Drucilla/Phyllis... in the 200s and 2010s, I'm drawing a blank on any strong female characters... I think Hilary has potential.. but I doubt Pratt/Phelps will do anything with her for a # of reasons.

Archived