B&B Maya's Secret

• Members

KM has definitely grown as an actress. Her days on GL were completely forgettable, although that is more due to the story they gave her character rather than the actress. She comes across as very genuine.

BB should have one of the transgender actors they are bringing on to play cisgender. That would be great.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I visit a B&B board to read the Monday spoilers, but have never even read their message board. When all of this happened on Wednesday, I decided to see what the members had to say. EVERY damned one of them were professing that they'll never watch again and how abhorrent the story was. I was shocked that nobody could see this as a human issue.

• Members

DeeeDee makes valid points about the inequities for trans actors. They lose roles to better-known cisgender actors who are inevitably celebrated for their transformative transformational performances. The whole, "The part should go to the best actor regardless of ethnicity/gender" thing is a crock of [!@#$%^&*], generally speaking, as it's a great excuse for casting directors and producers to be lazy and superficial and commercial. That said, I have no problem with this character revelation because it wasn't part of the character's creation. I liken it to a reveal about a character's true ethnicity that doesn't reflect that of the actor. While it would bug me seeing a white actor playing a "black" role, I wouldn't be nearly as bothered as I'd be if they were hired to play a biracial/light-skinned character from day one. I think hiring transgender actors to support this storyline is the best, imo obligatory, gesture they can make.

Archived