B&B Maya's Secret

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm genuinely shocked.

But some questions, wasn't Maya in search of her kid when she joined the show? Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but transitioning requires pretty consistent rounds of hormones, which are expensive, how was she able to keep that up while homeless? I guess it doesn't matter since B&B is so fantastical but still.

For people who watch, was this telegraphed at all? I mean before her sister showed up and started threatening her.

• Members

No, it was 100% completely out of the blue with no foreshadowing at all.

And I wish I could answer your questions but those are questions all the viewers are asking themselves right now. Karla Mosley (Maya) said on Twitter that the daugher thing will be addressed on Monday but how Maya was able to afford the therapy... your guess is as good as mine.

• Members

But seriously. They didn't hire a transgender actress because they didn't intend at the start for Maya to BE transgender. And that's exactly why I think this twist stinks. It contradicts so much of Maya's past and the retcons and explanations and outright ignorances it will take to make this even slightly possible will be epic (and not in a good way).

Archived