B&B Maya's Secret

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why stop at the actors, though? From now on, only gay writers should be allowed to write for gay characters (who, of course, can be played only by gay actors); and only transgendered writers should be allowed to write for transgendered characters and actors (sorry, Jill Soloway). Hetero writers for Hetero actors, Blacks for Blacks, Fatties for Kirstie Alley -- you get the drill.

• Members

tumblr_n15rrhnu0N1ql5yr7o1_400.gif?w=580

We definitely watched her transition during 1987 to 2012.

I'm all for this story! I think Karla Mosley has grown leaps and bounds, and the fact that we *are* invested in her already makes this even better. Maya's doctors must be hella good if neither Carter or Rick questioned her lady bits!

My only lil itty bitty gripe is that, had this been the plan all along for Maya, I would've liked to see more worry, insecurity, and trepidation the entire time... from her initial relationship with Rick, to Carter, to becoming Forrester's lead model, etc. etc. But this is B&B, and their storytelling is quick, so I wouldn't expect Brad Bell to knowingly build this up for 2 whole years.

• Members

I'm glad they are working together, this story has the makings to be one of their most memorable when all is said and done. And can I say,I applaud them for not making this their story for "sweeps", it shows this doesn't all boil done to a plot point or a ratings grab. I just find it all incredible, that this is happening, I'm still in disbelief.

Also as someone who started watching this show regularly because of Maya last year, she is why I am invested in this story. Im invested in her as a charatcer and thus invested in this story. I cant say I would be for a newbie. And with the way they write for their most recent newbie, Ivy, Lord knows I wouldn't be. KM cares about this story, and that's the first hurdle on soaps today, especially after watching a show like GH, having an actor who actually cares about the work they are putting out.

• Members

people keep bringing this up but that can not be the case.

1. We already saw the father. Ricky Paull Goldin played him. He and Maya were in a sexual relationship. She had a baby and when she went to jail, the child was put in foster care and then adopted

2. The kid that died was young. I beleive no more than like 3. Maya transitioned years ago, long before that

On a side note, I want them to bring Dayzee back for this story. She's a defacto Forrester and I think she could play a strong supporting role if she was reintroduced. Id kill Marcus off and come back to town for his funeral. They can slowly assimilate her back on the canvas

• Members

My problem is, if they knew what the character going to be before they hire anybody. They should have sort after a trans gender person.

But it seems as thought, maybe they didn't know until her sister came on the scene. & that was several months ago.

Now You mention a daughter, I hope that maybe she's one of those people who had both sex, & she chosen to be a girl.

Archived