GH: March 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Don't care about Genie or Laura, but why let that old fool dictate SL? Genie can be on the show and L/L can co parent. Is Geary afraid too many will want L/L? Is he afraid no one will give 2 sh!ts about Luke if Laura is around? Why can't Genie be on canvas w/o Geary? Geary's interference in SLs has gone too damn far!

• Members

Exactly. Why can't Luke and Laura co-exist? Because too many stans would keep begging them to reunite?

Sooo tired of Geary. I can't believe we're being subjected to watching him play out some ridiculous fantasy of Luke being some psycho monster. But then wait!!! He had a messed up childhood! So it makes everything OK!!

Sigh.

• Members

Which is awful and sad. The me of 1996 would have so been down with a storyline exploring Luke and Bobbie's childhoods. But that was back when she hadn't truly gone over the surgery edge yet and he was still near the top of his game. Oh and Riche would have maybe had a more delicate touch and some taste while producing it.

As much as I'm not enjoying the show, I can't blame Frank and Ron for how I feel about Luke. Geary pretty much made me hate Luke nearly a decade ago, and now I just don't care what's wrong with Luke.

• Members

I am not his biggest fan of late but I frankly don't believe Tony would ever block Genie's return, or continued stay on GH. I'm not even convinced he'd block a Luke/Laura reunion - he has said in the last year he'd go for it if it was "done right." And I don't think that's what that quote from Genie says, either.

Tony has a lot of stupid ideas and says a lot of stupid things, especially in the last 10+ years, and his performance in this story is awful and embarrassing. But he's also, publicly at least, been very gracious towards Genie and has always given her major credit for their success. I think much of what he's said about Luke and Laura and their life together in the last decade is wrongheaded and immature, but I don't think Tony, the actor, would ever stand in the way of her return or try to push back against that major of a story element when he knows the tide and history is simply against him. I also think Ron Carlivati (and Frank), for all their faults, will not rest until they reunite them. It's been on Ron's mind since Day 1 when he had Starr and Cole sing LNL's praises on the way to town. LNL goes beyond Tony insisting on improv'ing Luke drinking on-set - it's something big enough that FV would exert pressure.

I know there was apparently a personal reason Genie had to leave so abruptly, but I think part of the reason she's still gone has less to do with Tony himself and more to do with money and the show's unwillingness to come to terms with her on a financial level somewhat on par with TG. I think they were hoping they could get Genie Francis on recurring, the way they tried to do Tristan Rogers. Not gonna happen. Pay up.

• Members

Tony has said before that Luke and Laura are the past and that there fans are living in the past. Im sorry but who the hell is he to diss fans like that. This isnt 1981. You lost relevancy decades ago

Archived