Y&R November Thread

• Administrator

Theres the ignore option. And people don't have to use quote option either. If you dislike someone and you don't have them on ignore, that's your own fault because it means you want to read that person's post. Johnny isn't saying anything that's ban-worthy.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't believe we're STILL talking about JM and some off-hand remark he made about working with Stafford. That was HOW long ago and some people are still punishing him for it? Cripes, just let it go.

He clarified those remarks, and SC clearly got over any unintended hurt. Stuff happens every day in the workplace, and reasonable people move on. JM and SC are adults, and they can handle it.

And no, you don't get to decide what these actors talk about. That's just ridiculous to think you should be able to control their mouths.

I get it. You don't like Josh Morrow, you call him a bad actor, and you want a recast. Guess what? It ain't happening. JM is set in the role, he does a fine job, and the audience likes/loves him in the role.

With all the problems YR has, Josh Morrow is your punching bag? I mean really?

• Members

Please. No one is punishing Josh Morrow and he's no one's punching bag. Talk about an over reaction. That doesn't mean we have to care who he wants for a screen partner or think he's a good actor or let anything go that we don't choose to. And no, you don't get to control what we talk about.

• Members
The only people who "overreacted" about what JM said about working with MS was the people who hate her and people who hated the Phick pairing. SC herself wanted to be paired with MM for Shadam. At least JM didn't leave Y&R when MS left like James Scott did when Alison Sweeney left DOOL because she was his perferred on screen partner.

• Members

Which OC is the best thing that could happen to Phyllis. GT is way too sexy and vibrant to be paired with Great Aunt Jack. I don't really mind Dixie/Rosanna/Kelly - they writers were really forced to "soften" Kelly up - in order to provide the contrast to Phyllis (since we knew the character was coming back). Yes, CW was awesome, but she's gone. Cady has her own style and after seeing her in other roles, I know what to expect from her. While the Kelly character is still all over the place, I think Cady has done a great job taking a directionless character and at least making her watchable.

• Members

Thanks to a recast 10 years ago, JM was no longer the weak link in the Newman family, but I've been more neutral on him. He's certainly no Ron Moss/Drake. Not even close. I view him more like Doug Davidson category of skills and that's more than fine. He doesn't chew scenery or attempt to 'act.' (Plenty of ones I could call out here.)

Honestly, his best work always seem to involve CG. Shick are Nikki/Victor and Phyllis is Ashley. It's the exact same pattern and there is nothing wrong with that. Shick is clearly the end game, just like we knew that Ashley was never going to be 'the final one' for Victor.

I'm curious to watch more GT/JM scenes. I do think the chemistry with Phick was pretty specific to the chemistry between JM/MS. GT is smoking and doing a great job, but I really see her being paired elsewhere. I'm definitely looking forward to Wednesday's episode.

• Members

Agree. His performance when Cassie died was heart breaking. I get choked up just thinking about it. JM seems to do his best work with kids in general although my other favorite JM scenes were when Nick turned Victor in for corporate espionage. He and EB were wonderful together in the confrontation where Victor found out it was Nick who turned him in to the authorities. Mostly though it comes across to me like JM phones it in the majority of the time.

• Members

I almost felt sorry for Jack today. Overall, it was a pretty good reveal. I was also impressed with whoever made the decision to have Phyllis mention her own paternity switch. Usually soaps just gloss over that kind of glaring repetition of history. Poor Summer that girl is not going to know if she's coming or going. Nothing really has to change for her, but I bet she ends up lashing out in some way.

Archived