Y&R November Thread

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jill often puts FOJs in anywhere she can. She did at GH, Kale Browne still never got on-camera. Guys like Kevin McClatchy had dayplayer parts, John Bolger was the five-minute mayor. Nothing about Kelly Sullivan's role suggests to me more than maybe an attempt at pairing her with a second or third-tier character which will fail. She'll be gone in 18 months tops.

• Members

I wasn't watching during the time of Sharon/Phyllis confrontation, but I sort of recall earlier in summer that Nick had a paternity test run or something and kept it a secret. Is that right? Can someone help me recall? If so, isn't Nick, who allegedly doesn't have a mental illness, no different than Sharon? I just hate this dumping on Sharon - it's sending the wrong message about mental illness and people getting treatment. And, oh, wasn't Victor's gaslighting of Sharon with GhostCassie/Mariah, the reason why she did that procedure? You know what I'd love to see? Sharon going off on everybody. After all these years, she's earned it!

"Nick, you abandoned me while I was grieving for my child and impregnated another woman, but I forgave you and accepted Summer, etc. Now that I think about it, that was a huge mistake. BTW - your brother is back in the picture and hotter than ever, walk along."

"Victor, I was trying to heal and be responsible after I was diagnosed with a mental illness and you used my dead daughter to unhinge me and undergo and radical and potentially damaging treatment. Is that how you treat the mother of your grandchildren? Why don't you take care of your drunk wife? After sleeping with you while we were married, I understand why she needs to drink heavily."

"Phyllis, just STFU."

• Members

I can see why Nick no longer wants to be with Sharon. Yes, Nick should have looked at the first paternity test years ago. However, I don't think he's really judged Sharon all that harshly. Yes, he's left her, but he didn't really drag her that much or even threaten her with jail time. All he did was say he doesn't love her anymore. Sharon hurt his child, why would he want to be with her after that? Plus, I'm not sure it's any great loss to Sharon in the long run. Nick hasn't been good for her in a long time, imo.

• Members

If that spoiler is true, I don't blame Nick. I would do the same thing under the circumstances. Anybody that could do what Sharon did with the DNA results, fighting with Phyllis in the stairwell and torching the Newman ranch should be thoroughly checked out and declared mentally stable before being trusted. I hate that they made Sharon mentally ill but they did and this is a logical consequence.

• Members

I'm not exactly "team Nick". At least as far as I've seen up to today, I just don't think he did anything wrong. How would Summer feel, if Nick just kept playing house with Sharon like nothing ever happened? I just don't see that as ever having been a possibility.

As to Sharon's bipolar illness, I agree that the show should not have gone in that direction and that they are portraying mental illness in an unrealistic and unhelpful fashion. If they had to make her unhinged, they should have kept it really general.

• Members

Let's not forget that even after Sharon started seeking treatment and taking her meds that she still chose to kept what she did a secret from Nick. Can't blame the mental illness for that. She thought she still might have been sick because she was seeing Cassie (really Mariah) but she was already well by then yet never opened her mouth.

Archived