The Young and the Restless SEPTEMBER 2014 Discussion

• Members

They did pair Chloe and Chance (a pairing I really liked). But then MAB stunt casted ER and their ended the story possibility by breaking them up to find a place for Heather. This happened several times with the Chloe character. There was just always some character who took precedence with TPTB.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"Dear God in Heaven... leave my money to Jill? Jill? Never... Never, you hear me? I would rather... I would rather die!"

Chloe turning into Kate's daughter was unnecessary & useless, beyond being a cheap ploy to cement her into the canvas.

I love the idea of Chloe going after Chance and seeing Katherine, Jill and Nina getting together and plotting their downfall, even if Nina refused initially and wasn't crazy about it. I can just picture Nina looking at the two women, stunned (once more) at how far they're willing to go but conceding.

Katherine & Jill would have been VITRIOLIC and nasty asFuck!

And every moment would have been delicious.

But that would make too much sense and be too much in character.

• Members

How amazing would that have been?

And even with Jeanne Cooper's death, Kay's will could have granted Devon the fortune he has now, but with Chloe (the new Mrs. Chancellor) manipulating Chance into contesting the will to stake a big claim to Devon's share, bringing Jill into the mix defending Devon's interest, both out of concern for him, but also because he'd agreed to let her run Chancellor and she was desperate to hold onto her newfound power, finally being equal to Victor and Jack. And then you have Nina and Jill working against Chloe, but with Nina torn about working against Chance's interest...it could have been downright great for so many characters on the canvas, none of the characters had to be losers or be written out of character...what a missed opportunity.

• Members

I think Chance should return, blood or not, Chancellor was the name we were familiar with, and we should have a character that's connected to the others instead of a park.

I think the company should of went to Jill with all those in her clan owning shares. Kay trusted Jill as a business woman and she knew Jill loved her blood family just as much as her own, just as Kay loved Jill's offspring as her own. Victor is no spring chicken, I'm supposed to believe Kay wants Abby,Victoria, Nick, Dylan Summer to have Chancellor Industries over her own family? Nope, I don't buy it.

And all this," who's connected to Kay by blood" made no difference until MAB took over and Tucker was reformulated to take Jill's place. For the majority of the program Kay didn't care who was her blood, she was obsessed with who was Phillip2's blood and later on considered herself to be second mother to all of Jill's offspring as was seen with Billy. ( Another error on the Will. I don't think Billy was even mentioned) Kay was grooming Phillip3 to take over and run Chancellor, she didn't even attempt to get Brock involved. She gave a huge trust fund to Phillip 3 not Brock. But the writers ended Kay's life by using the last 5 minutes of MAB's horrible story rather than taking into account Kay's life on the show.

Resentment or not, I think Kay would have left Jill Chancellor Industries because of the better person she became. I don't think it's "reaching" to have a character come full circle at her death. In fact some of the best stories have the main character do just that. Kay is one of the few main characters that killed someone on purpose. Yes she meant to kill herself too, but that doesn't matter, murder is murder and I can't believe that didn't weight on her soul. Add to that she always blamed Phillip's death all on Jill, not just at the time, but she carried it for decades and would not take any of the responsibility, and story after story was based on that blame. They were fighting about his death until they were made mother /daughter. It would make perfect sense for someone who is about about to die to take responsibility for their OWN actions and make the amends in death that they couldn't do in life. Instead we're supposed to believe she spent her last days riding roller coasters and travelling. How stupid, It's not like Kay was a shut in or without means to travel, I imagined a woman of her wealth was traveling quite a bit throughout her life.

Kay died like her life began when Tucker came to town. Tucker was a huge fail, and It was the worst years for Kay and the Chancellors in the life of Y&R. How tragic that her death is only about the worst, and smallest portion, of her onscreen life.

• Members

But it's not.tongue.pngThe music box story was left open. Even if Jess Walton goes, the stories down the road, or finale stories could bring her back. That's when Jill will pry open the frame that houses Kay's portrait and find Kay's real, & final, Will behind the canvas.

I'd estimate at least half of the posts on here are complaints about the writing....not just for current events but stories that happened decades in the past. In soaps the dead can come back to life, and wrongs can be righted, as long as the show continues to be on the air ......and that's how exactly how long I'll be complaining about it.

• Members

Adding Devon as a Chancellor didn't seem like a stretch. I think it was more of a waste when they dumped his father, Tucker. I know many had their reasons for wanting Tucker gone, but Nichols and Bryton had some wonderful chemistry and nothing was ever done with it [the scene where Tucker learned Devon was his son brought tears to my eyes]. This was the true failure IMHO. Giving Devon the money seems like a waste only because he's not doing anything with it. Devon's adopted father has great business sense yet both are stuck in this clusterfuck with Hillary? No one is using their creative juices with these characters. TIIC just do something big and then move on. Devon as Katherine's grandson? I've seen greater far fetched plots than this. So much more could have been done here but I know Dev must stay solely with the other colored folks [sorry, I could not resist].

• Members

Tucker was a man-whore, if he was around we'd have Neil, Devon, & Tucker screwing Hillary. Besides, it seemed to me Tucker got the story over Devon every time. The last thing Y&R needs is another variation of Victor. Who wants yet another old rich man story? I'm sick of all the story revolving around patriarchs. Y&R has become all about the motivations of old men.

I don't think they planned on expanding Chancellor under Devon. The money was given to him as the end of line, just like CI is meant to disappear under Newman. If they wanted to continue him as a Chancellor they would have hooked him to Jill through Chancellor Industries. She is the character most associated with Kay, their lives were intertwined for 4 decades. Speaking of Devon's new found blood relatives where the heck is Judge Arthur Hendricks? Does he still think Jill is his daughter? Why doesn't anyone ever think about him? As far as we know he's alive.

• Members

I was entertained by Tucker and thought he was an interesting addition to the canvas even as I loved to hate him. And this opinion was formed long before it was revealed that he was Devon's bio father. I thought he was going to be Cane's father who tied him to Kay. And even that didn't deter me. So...lol

Lots of folks hate Tucker because they feel he usurped Jill's position as Kay's heir apparent. I never cared about that so I didn't have those issues.

• Members

True. Obviously, viewers held out hope that the interest in Jill would change. I understand that. But I get the feeling that it's someone other than the past and current EP and writers who have no interest in Jill owning or running CI as a rival to the male patriarchs on canvas. Just like they have no interest in Neil doing that.

From reading some opinions, I think that they felt that Tucker should have been tied to and paired with Jill in order to have a place on canvas as Kay's son. It's not necessarily his existence but his story that they resented.

Archived