The Young and the Restless SEPTEMBER 2014 Discussion

• Members

I know that Lauren inherited a nationwide chain of upscale Department stories. It was a big deal at the time. A young women inheriting so much, WOW! It was going to be a challenge for her, but this was way better than Cinderella finding her Prince. Good thing the writers aren't doing back then, what they are doing now.... MINIMIZING everything. They suck the drama right out what could be a better story by reducing the importance of every aspect of it. Lauren & Jill aren't talking like they run a corporation like Jabot or Newman, their conversations are about managing a couple boutiques. They are making low level decisions not national or corporate ones.

It's just like Colin was minimized. We he arrived in GC he was a wealthy Mob boss running an INTERNATIONAL illegal business, along with a number of legal businesses in the US, but now he's been morphed into a low level con man who can't do anything right. The Colin who first arrived in GC would've blown Kurtz away the first time he opened his mouth. What's more interesting?.

An old man with no money, who can't pull off a simple crime, attempting to launder money through some deserted hotel boutique full of women's dresses, or a wealthy, powerful, dangerous, and cunning mobster laundering money through Katherine Chancellor's beloved Chancellor Industries.

I loved William Russ, his Tucker was charming. Polite, generous, and hospitable; he offered anyone who entered his office a beer , and showered Jill with expensive gifts and breakfast in bed. What fun! Yes that man stole Chancellor from Kay but he was so good with her. When Kay went off on him he answered with silence, it was so effective and such a different way of dealing with her.

I wasn't online back then so I was SHOCKED with the re-cast. Immediately this bigger than life billionaire, who called many of the women "darlin" with playful affection, turned the term into a demeaning slur. All the sudden he was a depressed, angry, and rude old man, who moped around town immersed in never ending self-pity. One of the first interactions with Katherine threw me out of story because he was in her personal space shouting at her at the top of his lungs . I think they were trying to copy Jill & Kay from the golden days, but it doesn't work the same when one character is a man, and the other is frail woman in her 80s.

I think the addition of, "playboy" in the music business back in the day, to the character's bio was supposed to make him seem cool. LOL, Groupies named Candy cane? GMABI Steve Martin's wild and crazy guy, or Austin Powers were amusing throwback characters, but there wasn't an ounce of humor in SN's Tucker. I still remember the scene where Tucker waited for Billy to leave the house and showed up at Victoria's front door with a bottle of wine or champagne. SN played the scene like he was a romantic lead who was going to seduce and impress her. Victoria didn't even seem to notice any of the "sexiness" he thought he was putting out. Her matter of fact attitude was worse than spurning an advance because she was so uninterested in him she didn't even notice one. AH had Victoria down but I think SN was trying to play Patch with her. It was a strange mis-matched scene, interpreted and played badly by SN. ( Maybe he thought it was a chem test???) And it continued his whole run. Yes the writing was bad, it was for everyone, but SN's interpretation & portrayal grossed me out. It was the beginning of using my FF button when watching Y&R

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I think they have chemistry. Sadly, not the romantic or sexual variety. Kevin, again, seems to be the gay best friend instead of her lover. I suppose all this truth speak and sassy arguments are supposed to go over as sexual tension. Not an ounce generated as far as I can see.i couldn't imagine them kissing let alone a love scene.

I think they are funny together. But they just don't need to be a romantic pairing. But I fear that can't be helped. Chloe and Kevin started the same way. And i never bought him as someone Chloe really wanted.

• Members

Agree 100%. It's like GR isn't even trying to generate any heat with her, he's playing it for laughs. I'm fine with that. Unfortunately there don't seem to be any men in her age bracket on the show right now that would be an exciting match. Maybe they could bring on some eye candy type customers to Underground and let her have a couple of one night stands. Maybe even some car sex in the parking lot. Give people something to talk about.

• Members

CattyK. that's why I come here because I had forgotten the specifics on differentiation w/Nichols took over but I knew it was stark...I went like Huh?

They honestly do they have NONE! Zero.... Zilch....

.... and I can't figure out why the actress where these sleeveless dresses/tops when her upper arms lack a shape (definition)? I'm not being picky but its just so noticeable she needs to shape them up or something...I'm surprised Jill is letting her get away with it she was such a stickler on appearance at GH (from what I've read about her for years)...

But then Kevin is so asexual to me that' not helping. He was dismal paired with Chloe the only one I ever liked him with is Jenna. Somehow she made it work.

Archived