The Young and the Restless SEPTEMBER 2014 Discussion

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
But he didn't get more than everyone else. That's the point we are making. Murphy got just as much as him im this plus the others got just as much if you consider what they got with this will and the one in 2008. And yet people still complain, is my point.

Well, I called people stupid. I wondered why he was singled out and used for the example of everything wrong with her will and the story surrounding it.. and called it irrational. Which it is when there is a more OOC offense to complain about. Yet, barely anyone does. That is odd. And you know it. Just look.. even now, instead of researching the evidence presented of how Devon didn't get more than EVERYONE ELSE and changing your opinion and moving on, you are defending your right to these feelings. That's why it's irrational hate.

• Members

I didn't see the will reading, but that is the impression that I got from everything I've read. Plus I even checked "Katherine's" bio on wiki and it says, "Katherine instructs her family and friends to celebrate her life instead of mourning her death. In the meantime, she leaves Devon the remainder of her estate, amounting in $2.45 billion." No mention of any equal split. Now if Murphy got 1/4, I have a BIG problem with Elmer Fudd getting that.... 4X the amount to her sons? Let's face it, the writers really mucked it up with this mess of Nikki and her son, Jill and the stupid music box, etc. So then why make the big deal of the $2.45 billion for Devon? Shouldn't Murphy be just as rich? I read "estate" (1/4) to mean the other assets (except the mansion) and that's what others on different boards have said is the interpretation. The whole thing was a mess and, honestly, I wish Devon would have more to do people like Jill. Sadly, I think the whole Chancellor family/name will be wiped from the show within a year.

• Members

Yep and that decision was made the minute they recast William Russ with Stephen Nichols. William Russ's Tucker was going to continue the Chancellor clan w/Jill. IMO MAB then decided to replace Jill w/Tucker and create a new Chancellor clan because she wanted to get rid of Jess.

I've been on record since the Tucker recast of how stupid the Chancellor stories had become, and would have been just as angry if Tucker, rather than Devon, got the bulk of Kay's fortune. There's nothing racist about my outrage. In fact I would have been MUCH more upset if it had went to Tucker. If William Russ's Tucker story had continued in the way it started, and Devon was named as his son it would have been a whole different story. Devon would have brought into the family like Mac, Chance, Phillip, Katherine and/or Jill's love interests/husbands, and others, by being CONNECTED to Jill. Stephen's Nichols Tucker was never CONNECTED to Jill like all the Chancellor friends and family of the past. And because of that he really never felt part of Kay's family even though he was on the show for 3 years. It's the same thing with Devon,his onscreen time was not spent connecting with Kay or anything or anyone Chancellor.

My understanding of the Will is that Devon received the same amount, or more money, than Mac, Brock, Phillip, and Chance combined. We all know Katherine would have never done that. Same with Victor receiving Chancellor industries.

IMO if there's any sort of "ISM" going on with Katherine's Will it's SexISM. There is no longer a wealthy or powerful female on the show. The families are all headed by men, the billionaires are all men, the CEO's of the big corporations are all men. Katherine's death benefited two men and reduced Jill, the most independent female character left in GC, to a nobody. Naming her head of a hotel boutique is insulting.

• Members

No it doesn't. Katherine's estate is just part of it. The conversation started years ago when Tucker was introduced, years before Devon and skin color had anything to do with it.

I tried to go back and get some my older posts but it only gives my the last year so that is no help. But if anyone can do it you will see that there was plenty of outrage at Tucker thinking he had any business in Chancellor Industries, and much much more. My criticism of Devon is mild compared to what I've written about Tucker through the years. No one cared what I said about Tucker, but now that it includes Devon it's all about skin color?????

• Members
You should really see if you can find a YT video to see for yourself. They only called it out for Devon to be clear with the audience exactly how much Devon got because it was a game changer for him. But Murphy got 1/4 th as well PLUS an antique car collection.

The will reading was way too complicated for the audience, it seems.

And yes, the Chancellors are already wiped out unless some EP comes in and decides to recast Chance. Which I don't see ever happening. They are always more enamored of their own creation than anything associated with the history of the show. When Devon was made Kay's grandson, he and Chance should have started to battle over Chloe, CI, and anything else that mattered to Kay and Jill. Then we wouldn't be in this mess right now. But that milk is spoiled and spilled, so...

ETA: sometime this week, I will find the video, clip it, and put it on YT so you can see it yourself.

• Members

It is when your outrage is simply because he got the money instead of the writers STILL not utilizing him with the rest of his birth family & again one of the main reasons Katherine specified Devon to receive much of her money was that he was cheated of deeper relationship with her because of circumstances not of his own doing.

I agree with you that it's criminal that Devon isn't allowed his rightful place as a Chancellor but whining that he got his grandmother's money as a consolation prize instead of a deeper relationship with her makes you look really petty & though Katherine mended fences with her mortal enemy Jill in the past 15 years she wouldn't have left Jill money because Jill is financially independent & none of Katherine's other family members are hurting for money so acting like they're homeless & destitute because they didn't get Kay's money (especially when said characters AREN'T ON THE SHOW) means you equate Katherine's money with Katherine's love which shows you had no understanding of Katherine at all.

And as ajsp said it's funny how Devon is the only one attacked for not being worthy of Katherine's money when Abby who has barely been connected to The Newmans over the years has rarely (if ever) been criticized for TAKING much of Victor's billions nor has she been expected to "pay it forward" or be written as more of a Newman in order to justify her unearned windfall. Nor is anyone upset that MURPHY received more in the way of money than Katherine's other blood relatives (other than Devon).

But you & your buddies feel free to keep acting like there was nothing racist about your assertions. It's endlessly amusing watching you all change the goalposts every time your previous arguments are thoroughly debunked.

Archived