The Young and the Restless SEPTEMBER 2014 Discussion

• Members

I guess it was the whole, Kaye has a long lost son, who had a long lost son, who happens to be Devon, that was a stretch for me. All this after she had already had one long lost granddaughter who she happened to meet at a homeless shelter, I mean, come on. Still, like I said, it's far from the biggest stretch this show has done.

I'll be the first to say making Jill a Fenmore was even worse. There have been way too many long lost child stories, imo. Dylan is just the icing on the cake.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd love to know who, and the reason. Jill running Chancellor Industries is a threat to no one. For most of Y&R's run it was an off-screen company. Kay used it bribe lovers, and later on simply signed off on Chancellor business matters at the mansion. CI doesn't need to be involved in any Jabot or Newman business dealings. It would solve problems not create them.

The first one being ...where is Jill all the time? Running Chancellor Industries would explain her constant absence, she would be busy working or traveling, it's her dream after all.

The second would be to put some major drama into Jill & Colin's story. Colin's going to be laundering money through a hotel boutique? LOL! Laundering money though an operation that insignificant is comical. Actually it not even funny, just stupid. Hotel boutiques are empty, they don't do any business. you go to those when you're in a pinch, like when you forget your swim suit, or suddenly need something dressy, then the sales clerks breath down your neck because they've been deprived of human contact all day. Colin running money through Katherine's beloved Chancellor Industries would be a real story with historical context, even if it told in the same 5 days a month they are getting now. If they can't have quantity they should at least have quality, and something that's halfway believable.

Third it would make some sense out of Kay's death. Rivals and /or friends and/or family Kay's life was mostly about Jill in some way & most of their stories were connected. Jill owning or running CI never has to rival the male patriarchs on canvas. Isn't that why Kay & Jill were separated from the rest of the first place? No male egos were ever threatened. The Chancellor mansion was it's own bubble where female characters were allowed to let loose, and have real feelings and ambitions like the men. If they want to write Jill out they can have her move to Australia with Colin to open up a CI subsidiary with Phillip3. He was interested in running CI but his alcoholism, and struggle with revealing his true sexual identity, threw him off course.

• Members

From the interviews I've seen Jess and Tristan adore working with one another and say they have lots of fun doing so. I imagine it's a little extra income to supplement her retirements so what the heck? And she's not on contract therefore cannot be forced into playing one demeaning scene after another like she was with MAB. So bless their hearts for putting in the effort ( they seem to be the only ones doing so) and trying to entertain us with the non-story they are given.

Kidnapping & forced marriage.

Bonaventure

Diamond heist in the ballroom.

Music box.

Shep. Rachel Berenson?

Necklace falling from the Chandelier

Insurance Fraud

Money Laundering

Launching a hotel boutique

Since there isn't a story I tune in just to see what they do with the writer's random thoughts of the week. The writers have no idea what to do, or where to go, because for some unknown reason Jill is not allowed to be Jill. Yes Jill in business would be much better, but like with Katherine, anything that didn't happen under MAB is treated like it never happened. MAB was the worst writer in Y&R history,especially when it came to the Chancellors, any story based on her crap is going to be a fail. If they based the story on what was written in the golden years it would write itself.

​Luckily for those who don't like them it's only about 5 days a month & their scenes are very brief.They finish up before a quick bathroom break can be completed.There are some incredibly boring characters on Y&R right now that seem to repeat the same boring scene every other day. Loooong scenes to boot.SNORE zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Members

Fenmore's is far more than just a boutique, remember. It is a large chain of department stories. Lauren is every bit the heiress that Tracy and Ashley are. Fenmore's, when first created, was an upscale boutique that just happened to be located in Newman Towers. That one in the hotel is just an expansion project to go along with all the other stores.

• Members

I really don't know much about vintage Ashley beyond lab coats and mental breakdowns - is it me projecting or is she being pitched up this time a la Kristen Blake? Not that it's not entertaining, but it's a bit of a change from the drip she's been for quite a while. If it's a change back to the original persona, though, great.

Psycho Austin and Stitch are really only fit to be on this show in speedos or underwear, batted around by the women in '80s soap fashion. That's their role - studs. They don't work as leads (the Stitch stuff in particular is agonizing, which is saying something given how much they've pushed Austin). At least Ashley (and Abby, who I can still only handle in doses) seem to know what Stitch is for.

• Members

Today's episode ... painful. Just painful. I know they were trying to be comedic but they failed miserably. And Nikki coming for Ashley and Jack coming for Nick was just stupid. Both pairs have buried the hatchet and rehashing it just for this one episode was stupid. And if Abby v. Mariah is supposed to the be next big rivalry, I'll pass. I do appreciate that they had Mariah stick up for Sharon [against Abby] but I just don't care for either one of them. Only good thing about this episode is that we got to see Tyler again, who is criminally tossed in the back closet while Kevin still gets airtime. :rolleyes:

Archived