The Young and the Restless SEPTEMBER 2014 Discussion

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

MO would be far more tolerable if her line delivery and tone weren't so abrasive. It's like nails on a chalk board. The actress is almost unlikeable. Partly, because writers tried to make her a heroine type too at one point. And she just can't pull it off with that delivery. If they must kerp MO, they should just make her a full on unapologetic bitch and foil to one of the other younger ladies who can pull off being a heroine. And don't ask me which one can at this point but I do think Mishael Morgan and Hunter King do a decent job in the sweet wide eyed role.

• Members

After all these years it's still offensive that Kevin (a serial pedophile) had more in the way of overall story & romance than Devon.

Kevin & Jana worked largely because Emily O'Brien was a better actress than she was given credit for. Unfortunately she never got a chance to do more than hold Kevin's hand & stand around as a glorified extra in Baldwin Fisher scenes before she inevitably went psycho.

• Members

Yes. I meant MO. I didn't watch HH but I can believe that she can play bitch. The problem is relying on her delivery to show that she has a heart. And that doesn't work. It needs to be in the writing for her.

I think Mishael is one of the two actresses on the show that can play heroine and not become boring, insipid, and a chore to watch. Sharon Case being the other.

• Members

IA but I was wondering how they could have used Malcom in two days...what could have been done differently...

Kevin is just asexual to me ... Jana was the last one in recent times that he had chem with. I think there was one other one early on.

CM is giving me nothing in in this role, she's not even interesting to look at at his point and her acting is bland and stiff. She can go tomorrow and that'll be that. Her acting against MB really highlighted how bad she is. It was painful to watch.

• Members

I tried again to watch a week for Malcolm's return and this show is BAD. I know many seem content with what they're getting and find it watchable, but I thought it was so awful and of course it didn't feel like Y&R. The stories continue to have no momentum and so many boring characters. I'll never understand this new old Billy, Abby has always struggled to be interesting, but Stitch drains ALL the energy out of her. Dylan and Avery are still boring, Christine is being wasted on Paul who has also become boring. Nikki drinking is not enjoyable in the execution. I didn't find anything interesting about Meredith Baxter's character and there is no purpose for her on the canvas. Cady McClain is still terrible as Kelly and the list goes on.

The only bright spot the show has is the Nick/Sharon story with Mariah and I do like the fact that the black characters get screentime again, but the stories are SO BAD. Unfortunately I feel this team is here to stay since there isn't much backlash.

Archived