The Young and the Restless SEPTEMBER 2014 Discussion

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I definitely notice the difference in the dialogue for the scenes with Neil and Malcolm. As likeable as I find KSJ, I've often noticed that he sometimes seems to sleepwalk through scenes but he has raised his level in this episode. Somehow I think the rewriting probably has much to do with this. He seems more invested in every part of his scenes. Would that this could last.

• Members

Of course not! CBS/SONY wants to completely strike the Barber sisters from Y&R's canon. Sadly, they fail to forget that Dru and Olivia played a huge success in their ratings boost in the 90s. They are the main reason we [Af. Americans] tuned into the show. IMO, Dru and Olivia were Y&R in the 90s for me. The Keesha AIDS story was the biggest story of that decade IMO. And trust and believe if they could, SONY would let JFP get rid of the rest of the Winters, including 'Miss. Lily-white,' hence the reason why I don't even hardly watch this abysmal mess anymore.

• Members

Agree on EVERY point. If it wasn't for Olivia and Dru I would have never watched Y&R. If it were not for the Winters family being on today, I would not be watching this show.

Agree on EVERY point. If it wasn't for Olivia and Dru I would have never watched Y&R. If it were not for the Winters family being on today, I would not be watching this show.

• Members

I thought the Neil and Malcolm scenes were very well done....I guess it must have indeed been their rewriting the scenes but they def had more of a "classic Y&R" vibe then I have seen in the last few years.....It's safe to say the horrors of Eddie Winslow finally felt like they were behind us.....I hope Shemar does come back again someday....

I hate to surprisingly admit that the episode itself wasn't so bad though it was sooo stupid that neither Victor nor Paul saw how wasted Nikki was and how that new drinking partner is all of a sudden Kelly and Stitch's mother....

• Members

I find it ridiculous that Stitch and Kelly even have a mother. To keep on subject, we still haven't met Neil and Malcolm's parents IIRC, Mamie is MIA, Lily's Barber grandparents are MIA and her cousins are on B&B. If you look at the Barber-Winters compared to other families on the show the bias becomes more clear.

Archived