The Young and the Restless SEPTEMBER 2014 Discussion

• Members

Devon and Hillary are not that popular. Austin and Summer are ruinous for poor Hunter King and that hot boy with the abs with a bad character. But I agree there is no one - except maybe a semi-incestuous affair with Noah, which seems kind of kinky in an old Bell sort of way to me, IDK.

But fine, bring someone on for her. Who cares? Or let her run without a love interest for awhile. She's an incredibly strong young actress, the best young performer on the show by far. She can make trouble for everyone for another year alone without worrying about a serious love story - Susan Haskell's wild Marty used to drive story on OLTL without a serious love affair in the old days, until well after her rape. Putting Mariah with gay, old C-player Kevin is embarrassing. Kevin's only story should be to facilitate the mass coming-out of the Baldwin brothers after a regrettable hate sex session with Detective Harding gets leaked online.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Devon and Hilary are popular enough to continue their story. How about that? And yes, Summer and Austin are not very good characters however, they just got married and she bailed him out of his mess. A triangle with Mariah would be even more ruinous for the Austin character. Either way, i highly suspect that they will tie him to core as Jack Abbot's grandson (via Keemo). Have no clue how that will go over.

I agree that in the olden Days, Mariah wouldn't need a love interest. But times have changed and that is all that these writers nowadays can do. If Mariah doesn't have her own love interest then she will keep that silly crush on Nick and be Sharon's (none) rival for his affections. I can do without it.

• Members

I think the 2nd day of Malcolm/Neil scenes seemed a bit all over the place because they were trying to cram a week's worth of dialogue into two days' worth. It does seem, however, that Y&R was trying to simultaneous pick and leave behind some aspects of the Darius McCrary time on Y&R--which, I admit, doesn't faze me much since I'd taken a break from Y&R and wasn't watching then.

Unfortunately, the result of taking and leaving and cramming, is that some of the scenes came off a bit scattershot and unfocused, IMO.

I still think there were some poignant moments and acknowledgement of certain aspects previously not truly explored-- like Neil's many failed relationships and him not truly dealing with Dru's death and her status as his greatest love (for some reason, I feel like SM may have added that one in--about Dru being Neil's greatest love).

And like I mentioned in a previous post, KSJ seemed more alert and invested in his scenes than I've seen in quite a long time.

As for Kevin, I honestly don't see any pairing that has worked for him, other than Jana. Harding is not going to work, and neither would Chavez for the simple fact that they are not kooks, they are grounded in reality. Jana was a kook, for the most part, which is why she worked. Kevin's Dungeons and Dragons self needs to be with someone who is as unmoored as he is. Someone grounded in reality is not gonna do it.

Meredith Baxter is not bad in the role but in watching those table scenes with Stitch and Kelly, I couldn't help but wonder how much more entertaining those scenes might have been if it were CW and MB going at it instead of CM, who just seems to be playing another aspect of Roseanna.

Archived