The Young and the Restless SEPTEMBER 2014 Discussion

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've used that Toggle button to skip over large swaths of scenes so many times, like you wouldn't believe! And I've been known to skip weeks, here and there.

Sometimes I do find myself trying to highlight the positive, in light of a few remarks made that all we do is criticize the show in posts but honestly, a lot of Y&R's content is so glaring in what needs improvement that it's unavoidable that we're going to critique it.

But I agree that Y&R has been and definitely could be much better than what it currently is.

Is it bad that I've given up on the idea of what the show could be and look at it for what it is? Like the Michael/Lauren ED storyline. Why did they not do this a year ago? It would've provided a perfect entry into the Lauren/Carmine affair. Then maybe there wouldn't have been such backlash and more freedom for Y&R to 'go there' with the story instead of that ridic stalker storyline.

And even though it was nice to see original Malcolm again, it ran through my mind how several people were missing from this storyline but it is what it is, I guess. The Neil pairing with Hillary and subsequent blindness story is still pretty bad, though. It was still nice to see KSJ and SM interact.

I won't even mention most of those other stories, though. Most are even worse.

• Members

I feel the same way. Y&R will never again be what it was under Bill Bell and Kay Alden's leadership. Not even if SONY were to hire an Academy Award-winning screenwriter who loves the show and has watched it from day one. But I think it could be a much better show than it is right now under different terms.

• Members

Hi everyone - this is my first post here and It's really a test to see if my account's working but I will say that I'm in agreement with most of y'all about the quality of the storylines on the show right now. Lacking to say the least, with a few bright spots. I've decided to continue viewing until the new Adam debuts because he's hot and may bring some life although I think the fault lies in the writing and until that improves not even recasting George Clooney and Sandra Bullock as Victor and Nikki is going to make any difference.

Archived