The Young and the Restless SEPTEMBER 2014 Discussion

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know if it's good or bad, just completely different. The way things are shot, the music and even the storylines feel like things the ABC soaps did in the past. That Mariah/Sharon scene today was straight out of AM's Kendell/Erica confrontations, that scene with Summer and her boyfriend reminded me of past Jake/Greenlee/Leo and Natalie/Christain/Jen scenes that used to circulate on AMC and OLTL back in the day, the Victor call was straight out of Zach and David convos from AMC, same in that scene with Cady's character which reminded me of the drivebys Catherine Hickland used to do at bars on OLTL. All of it just seemed very reminiscent of earlier ABC daytime.

Y&R never really had that feel to me. It always skewed older.

• Members

So far, I've only heard of Shemar Moore and Josh Morrow objecting to things going on under JFP's reign of terror. I guess nunuBilly's portrayer didn't realize about the age differences between Billy and Ashley re: the prom comment. I didn't see the scene to know if anyone who should have known better was in it.

There has been a callous disregard for the history of the show since JP and SA took over writing. It's not a case of well they just got their groove on. Oh heck no. It was obvious that they were lazy and have not cared for months. If TPTB are hiring Pratt in an effort to make us long for the days of JP and SA, they are psychotic.

• Members

It is bad.

They've been trying to remodel Y&R into a peppy, cheap Frons-era ABC Daytime soap for a while now - all overexposed couples, sweeps stunts, youth push, stars from other shows, etc. They want it to resemble the Fronsian line-up, which is why they keep hiring people from his time. It looks utterly alien and out of place on Y&R, but it's what they've been doing.

• Members

What did Josh Morrow and Shemar say about JFP? We don't know how much Jean was allowed to write her vision. I am sure her ideas never made the screen or got botched. Again I don't think JFP was ever behind her and used her as a scapegoat. It's better for Jean to be back at GH where she was loved snd allowed to be more creative

• Members

Morrow went to JFP and told her under no circumstances would he kiss CG. Shemar was concerned about the dialogue containing info Malcolm would not have known and he and St. John went to JFP and got it changed. There have been many instances where we the fans have objected to dialogue, ignoring history, continuity issues etc. It seems as though, as far as we've been told, Morrow and Moore cared enough to speak up. Like the fans do.

I have only ever watched CBS soaps. For you to lawd Jean P after what I witnessed that she and Goutman did to my beloved ATWT and after everyone but you has stated the same thing over and over again - that JFP is a show killer - and for you to also continue to make excuses for SA and JP after what they've written during their time at Y&R is getting a little insulting at this point. There were other problems such as casting and recasting but seriously I think many of us have read enough at this point. We are not buying it. I will speak for myself. I have read enough. I am not buying it. It's insulting. I have the power not to read any more of it, so I can't point my finger at anyone. But do you really want everyone to feel this way about your posts? I don't want people to block me or automatically scroll past my posts.

This is your choice obviously. We all have choices here.

• Members

OMG I just realized what Pratt is going to do to Y&R. He is going to have Sharon, Kelli Sullivan's Sage, GT's Phyllis and a MCE's character go crazy and run this town to the ground with his over the top, cartoon-eqsue Kimberly from Melrose Place schtick and Sideshow Bob-eqsue buffonery. I just can't.

Archived