The Young and the Restless SEPTEMBER 2014 Discussion

• Members

I'm going to wait a couple of months before I snark on GT - her soap cred deserves that (and I loved her previous portrayals. I view the whole Jack things are just a stopgap reintro for the character so that when the Summer stuff hits the fan, it will be more tragic. I honestly believe they sorta deSORAS Phyllis on two fronts: 1) MS still looks much younger for her age - especially her body; 2) they want to pair Phyllis with younger guys - I'm convinced Adam will be in the mix here. It's been teased before.... Just marry Jack and Kelly and be done with it. PB days as a romantic lead are beyond ripe - let him focus on the business story - he can be quite effective there. Subjecting GT to that is just not acceptable when there are plenty of more suitable men around. There is no new ground to be broken unless they do something dumb and Jack gets Phyllis pregnant again. Pass.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OOOHHH..Shemar threw some shade on the writing team in his Tv guide interview out today. And how interesting that Nina Tassler was the one who ordered him to make an appearance. He clearly wasn't going to be silent about the crap scripts he received. Good for him. I think the current writing and producing team has till year end to shape things up.

• Members

That's what I love about Shemar....keepin it real! While I'm excited about his return, I had a feeling he'd be disappointed in how much the quality has diminished with the show. When he was on the show it was just a much put together show. It was character driven, and just made sense. Now a lot of the stories are just thrown together with horrible dialogue.

They really do need to do a complete U-hauling of this current writing team.

• Members

GH is Godawful I think part of it is the audience will accept anything and there' only four left in daytime so they get away with whatever...at least they're on and not cancelled .. be grateful for what you've got and stop complaining before they cancel it is a lot of what I read. Most of the new audience has been trained to not know what soap opera is...they think this is how they're suppose to be.

Archived