The Young and the Restless SEPTEMBER 2014 Discussion

• Members

Ashley: "It's something that's never been done before."

Me: Except on AS THE WORLD TURNS, back in the early '80's.

Lauren is asking Lily for advice on how to bring sexy back to the bedroom? This [!@#$%^&*] has gone to Hell.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've been watching tons of old clips in the Classic Y&R thread, and after watching this clip I think if the classic music was being utilized it would have helped the drama if that scene so much. I think the staging and production made that incredibly underwhelming. MTS wasn't doing a bad job at all.

• Members

So, Ashley is coming back to GC and Jabot to tell Jack and Abby she can't tell them about it just yet. But she wants Jabot to commit major advertising dollars to it -- "We'll make the mystery part of the campaign!" -- oh, and she wants to be named Co-CEO in exchange for it, too.

That makes sense.

• Members

No way did Old Man Abbott get down on his knee to propose to Victoria. If he had, then he'd still be on the floor.

Wait, Stitch is applying to be a chemist? I thought he was supposed to be a surgeon. Am I missing something?

• Members

But seriously, if Michael were to end up cheating on Lauren, then I would hope that it would be the first step toward getting Lauren back on-track as a real force within the town. I miss the "old" Lauren who could be downright bitchy at times but who was delicious and fun to watch nevertheless. Her as Michael's sweet, dutiful and forgiving wife with the occasional weak moment (see Carmine) is no more convincing than Nikki as the Liz Taylor of GC (minus the fluctuating weight...or maybe not).

Archived