The Young and the Restless SEPTEMBER 2014 Discussion

• Members

There is so much DRAMA here in these comments that it's unreal.

I'm not saying Y&R is perfect, but the crepe-hanging here is ridiculous. If you're THIS pissed off and upset, why the hell are you still watching? Get on with your life and think about Bill Bell all day.

I thought today's episode was a good one, from start to finish. Yeah, I lol at the Phyllis stuff, but so what? I'm used to dead or near-dead characters being treated more saintly. The Mariah stuff was good and Camryn Grimes was terrific.

The Nikki/Ian stuff was not embarrassing. Have you guys been watching soaps for like, forever?They've ALWAYS been like this.

I could go on, but there's no sense in fighting you too hard or too much. I'd just love to see the show some of you would write. When you bitch about everything as you do, maybe you should offer your own vision.

Tomorrow, you will hate Ashley. Next week, you will hate Shemar. Then you'll hate Meredith Baxter. Then you'll hate Justin Hartley as Adam.

Etcetera.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wait a minute...

If you like it, then post what you like. Don't chastise others for communicating their observations. I happen to check out the show because of the Twitter response to Nikki/Ian, and I found the scenes cringe worthy. They were horribly directed and acted. I tuned in because I expected to see something good but did not.

• Members

I haven't seen Tuesday's Ian/Nikki scenes so I won't comment directly, BUT I'm not surprised. I don't get all the RW love. Dude has been playing the same character for almost 25 years. Seriously. And, like every other instance, it gets worn out after a few months. Same delivery, same chewing, same facial expressions. I did see a couple of the scenes with Mariah wedding and just reaffirmed what I've always thought. I just sayin' it will be a good day when Ian is killed off, which is the only logical place this story can go.

• Members

I thought yesterday's show was very good. I really enjoyed the Nikki/Ian scenes and so glad hero Dylan showed up before Nikki suffered anything more horrific. Ian was creepy good, and I am glad he is (I suppose) dead. I haven't liked Mariah from day one, but I really felt so sorry for her yesterday. I enjoyed Avery and Jack's scenes and I can't stand Avery. Kelly gets on my last nerve. I can't wait until Phyliss speaks.

• Members

It just never made sense to me how Ian could retain his hold over Nikki after all the years and all the trials she has lived through. Does he remind her of her father or something? And why in the world would she let him back inside her home? She made one, pitiful attempt to fend him off that was so clumsy and begging to be foiled. All these years later, and Nikki Reed Foster etc. remains so damn weak.

• Members

I thought I read that Ian drugged the security guard. Always handy to have those syringes available! Let's face it, if Nikki slammed the door in Ian's face, we'd have NO DRAMA. I can forgive that little issue. I also can buy that Ian does have some sort of hold on Nikki based on the history - at least enough to hear him out. I know they are setting things up for what CBS/Sony is considering basically a reboot for fall - Ashley's return, Nikki drinking, Phyllis dropping the big bombshell, Adam's return, Devon/Hilary fallout, etc. It's a bit painful now, but I recognize what they are trying to do. Let's see if they can deliver.

• Members

I think I know what Michael's, er, problem is: he's trying to have sex on an actual bed, instead of on the living room couch like everyone else.

But what IS that hold? That's my question. Yes, once upon a time, when Nikki was an innocent (well, somewhat innocent) and impressionable girl from the wrong side of the tracks, she fell in with his pseudo-religious cult. But that was once upon a time, before she had experienced [!@#$%^&*] that, quite frankly, makes her time with "Sumiko" look like a cakewalk by comparison. And even though she has inexplicably become a total lush who knocks back the booze at the least little hangup, she is (or should be) also a much tougher person than she was back then.

She should be able to laugh at Ian's gibberish, not act as if he's Godzilla and she's Tokyo. She should be able to say to him, "Psycho, please. You think you and your syringe will scare me? For God's sake, I've had maids to bust a cap in my ass! I've been alone in rooms with men who talked to shrines of their dead mothers!"

• Members

Ian: "I! WANT! MORE!"

What the hell more do you want, Ian? A baby? With Nikki? She's too old and you're too sterile!

And when Ian's back is turned (because Dylan has entered the room), does Nikki take advantage of the moment? Nope. She only cries out her insta-child's name. Pitiful.

Let's cut the crap, Y&R. That baby ain't Stitch's.

Archived