The Young and the Restless SEPTEMBER 2014 Discussion

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Aren't we lucky, then, that SONY has two of 'em on the payroll? ;)

RE: Stitch/Abby -- As soon as Abby kissed Stitch at the GCAC in order to make Tyler jealous, I knew the writers had it in mind at least to "test" the two as a couple. (The kiss was their meet-cute, if you will.) Hence, the antagonism and bantering in today's scenes. With those scenes, the writers want to establish "Stab" (...uh, wait...) as a feisty, bickering pair while at the same time building sexual tension between them. That way, you and I will love it even more when, in the middle of another, heated argument in the Jabot labs, Stitch finally gives into his feelings, rips off her blouse (as she tears off his lab coat and shirt) and throws her cooch-first onto the table, knocking over and shattering beakers while they make like Greg Vaughan and Brittney Powell behind the dumpsters at the GH studios. (Um, allegedly.)

Of course, by the time this happens, Stitch and Ashley, or "Stash" (much better!) will have hooked up already, thus setting the stage for awkward-ass, but oddly Bill Bell-esque drama.

• Members

In a way, though, I want them to. Not because I think Sean Carrigan and Melissa Ordway are so exceptional together. (Please.) But I do think Carrigan was much better when he was away from the Billy/Victoria Black Hole of Suck. The same black hole, I'm afraid, Chelsea has fallen into and

• Members
IKR? For all the talk of how Y&R is supposed to be this groundbreaking show in terms of human sexuality, only two characters in the entire show's history (unless I am overlooking someone) have been gay. And of those two, one faked his death in order to avoid coming out to his family (a plot twist that will live in infamy), and the other was seduced by Adam, a heterosexual, in order to keep him quiet about...something, before he vanished into thin air.

Now that is progress.

• Members
With a stronger actor playing the gay lawyer (can't remember his name!) that could have been the Adam redemption storyline! Adam strings him along for awhile, and Sharon, but the affair is revealed, blowing up everything in Adam's life. As he picks up the pieces, we learn that Rafe( that's his name!) has always been a bit unstable, has a dark history, and keeps trying to win back Adam's attention. He doesn't get what he wants, and decides to make Adam pay for using him. That's a year long story in Y&R pacing, and Rafe could go some major damage with the truth about Adam long before he goes Sheila on his ass.

Archived