The Young and the Restless SEPTEMBER 2014 Discussion

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I had no intention of watching the latest episode of Y&R but these comments about Ashley & Billy comparison have me laughing so hard, I have to watch just to see them side by side. Baby bro, no more, I guess?

Did Ashley really propose getting the shared C.E.O. position based on a secret idea? Did she at least submit a proposal and a prospectus, maybe with the ingredients profile? They simply could've shown Jack reading the report at home and at his desk in his office. If Ashley is going to get a share of the top position after all this time, it needs to be an extensive report and Jack needs to be seen reading it. They could be shown coming out of meetings but if the writers want to keep it a secret from the audience, we need not see what they are actually discussing until the reveal.

Please tell me that Ashley at least gave Jack an extensive report on this top secret project.blink.png

• Members

Here's another question: why does Ashley need Jabot at all to launch this top-secret project? She has experience as a chemist. She has connections within the cosmetics industry. Why not just manufacture and then launch the product herself? Then, once the product becomes a success, Jack and Victor could compete to buy out Ashley. Jack wins the battle, but as part of the deal, Ashley is named Jabot's Co-CEO.

• Members

Uh-oh. Billy forgot what Victoria said when he proposed the first time. An early sign of Alzheimer's Disease.

Has it been established that Stitch put himself through medical school by working in a lab? Or is that just b.s. Jean & Shelly came up with to explain away his applying to be a chemist when he was actually a surgeon?

Okay, I love the location shots. But that doesn't mean I need to see them at the beginning of every act.

• Members

I'm not watching except in clips here and there. Did Stitch lose his license to practice medicine? Why is he leaving the hospital?

What a good PTSD storyline they dropped the ball on. He can't handle patients and surgery because of his time as a Doctor during the war, and messes up big time or just falls apart and ultimately builds himself back up and decides to go into research, putting him in a lab setting where Ashley recruits him.

• Members

Stitch and Abby are so not going to work. Just looking at the two, I can feel the negative chemistry (ha...?) between Ordway and Carrigan. He might work with ED, though.

Victor is devastated to see Phyllis lying in her hospital bed. In other news: the sky has turned red.

Faith is an annoying brat. I would not be devastated if Mariah were to run over her accidentally with the car one night.

Nah, I'll take back what I said about AH and BJ. I'm probably the one who doesn't see it between them, not anyone else.

• Members

Good question. Ashley could easily develop her project independently then simply look for a distributor to scale up production. I think Jill should be in on that storyline too somehow (she desperately needs something else to do beside playing house) perhaps she works in a contract position to revamp the Men's line in conjunction with Ashley's product (although Ashley's product probably should be for both genders) or Jill gets wind of this 'secret' project and muscles in on the project.

Even having Jill for a limited time on this specific project, add Hillary if Jabot gets the distribution rights (Ashley should retain at least joint ownership of the patent) along with Jack and Ashley, all mixing it up--- only an incompetent could write a boring story with those characters in the mix.

I got the distinct impression that scene between Abby & Stitch was written with the sole purpose of being the driver for Victoria going back to Billy. I'd be surprised if the writers truly did decide to give Stitch and Abby a try. I still get the feeling that Stitch is headed for Ashley's orbit, but I could be wrong.

And when did Phyllis become such a delicate flower in Victor's mind? His bedside vigil is a bit...er, much.

Archived