Robin Williams dead from an apparent suicide

cassadine1991

• Members

I'll have to check out "The View" tomorrow (if it isn't a repeat) to see what Whoopi has to say. I still remember the three of them -- Whoopi, Robin, and Billy -- hosting Comic Relief every year on HBO.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He was one of the absolute best of all time. His performance in Dead Poet's Society and the movie as a whole holds a special place in my heart and to fathom him not being around anymore, even if it was giving his hilarious Jack Nicholson impression, is an absolute tragedy. I loved this man so much. Rest in Peace!

• Members

I didn't believe my mom when she told me while ago. Been off the net for hours watching Murphy Brown instead.

I'm in a legit total state of shock. Especially about the suicide part. I just can't wrap my head around it.

I feel terrible for his family. Especially his kids. I believe his daughter Zelda is close to my age and I just can't imagine how bad it is for her right now.

Jesus.

• Members

Awful news. I think my favorite movie of his was Mrs. Doubtfire, which was such a funny film, but with a serious, important message. I think the end moments of the movie are some of his best work.

I'll always remember his smile.

• Members

This is just so sad. I know it sounds cliche and trite, but as a kid growing up with parents who fought all the time and eventually divorced, Mrs. Doubtfire was *the* movie and such a comfort. The part at the end with "just because they don't love each other doesn't mean that they don't love you" was a message I needed to hear. :(

• Members

Just completely gutted and devastated. To think he how deeply he must have been suffering and for so long, even with a wife and children. It's just horrible to think about. I just hope he's at peace now. RIP Robin Williams, one of the most legendary artists and souls this Earth shall ever know.

• Members

Horrible.....The Genie from Aladdin...I mean Jesus. Mrs. Doubtfire. Good Will Hunting....just crazy.

And of course it has to be suicide which just makes it all the more sad. I just don't understand how people can do that their loved ones. Forget about all the fans and the countless people he's made laugh...he left behind 3 innocent kids who don't deserve this and a wife who's probably torn to shreds.....I just don't get it.

• Members

I loved Robin Williams. He cracked me up in Mrs. Doubtfire, which I have seen about 500 times, and he made me cry in Good Will Hunting, which I have seen just as many times. This is tragic. I never would have guessed he was so depressed. You never know I guess :(

Archived