Y&R First Look: Gina Tognoni as Phyllis

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What I love most of all Gina wasn't handed this role. She has a great resume with two Emmys and worked JFP before. She screen tested and blew everyone away. I heard it was a riveting screen test. She earned and won it. Most actresses with her experience and resume don't audition for roles in daytime anymore they are handed them. She won it fair and square.

• Members

I'm glad GT auditioned for and won the role "fair and square," as you put it, but I don't trust TPTB anymore to know "good" or better when they see it. Otherwise, Cady McClain should be blowing our minds with her take on Kelly.

• Members

i was just about to post how much of a hot mess this is gonna be, literally can't wait! LOL

the funny thing is MS is fitting in real well @ GH, esp. opposite RH.

dis gun be goooooooooooooood.

• Members

Very true, but the character of Kelly was completely unstructured and then it was tailored to fit the actress - trying to turn this "placeholder" character into something else when Cady arrived isn't working. Phyllis is a character steeped in history and lots of different angles/scenarios where she can fit in on the canvas, unlike Kelly. Now that Billy has been recast and is in a triangle with Chelsea/Victoria and that Phyllis is back (Sharon/Nick/Phyllis/Jack), . Plus, the arrival of Ashley will pretty much fill that "age" group (Ash/Stitch/Victoria/Billy/Chelsea). Kelly is not needed in any of these stories. It's too bad because I like Cady - especially if they could've worked more of her tougher "Rosanna" persona from ATWT.

Archived