Y&R First Look: Gina Tognoni as Phyllis

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That hair is awful but she cut it before she auditioned apparently. I don't know if they were fine with it because they think it makes her look older and thus we wouldn't notice the huge age difference but the hair is not Phyllis (and it also doesn't look red).

I don't care that much about hair though, it will grow, my bigger concern is that video and hoping it isn't some indication that we're going to have to return to Phick hell.

• Members

I would've been fine with that too. I hate how these hacks just place all their chips on Phyllis like she's the best character to be devised on this show. Guess what? She's not. Phyllis (IMO) was only endearing (to me) when she rivaled Diane or Dru--women who were equal adversaries. And Phyllis works best as a supporting character not a lead. Tying her to the Newmans (mainly Nick) has been one of the show's worst mistakes.

• Members

They could've thrown a wig on her. I'm sorry, but if it were one thing that would be okay, but it's a combination of things. No red hair, the hair is short, there is absolutely no glamour to the way she is styled in her promo shots which all equals out to it not seeming like Phyllis so far. Now perhaps two months down the road when she's out of the coma they'll go glam, but if they don't then it won't be a full success. What happened to the days when you can cast an actor and they do what it takes to fit the role? I'll never forget Amelia Heinle coming on and saying that she is nothing like Heather Tom and can't play the type of Victoria she played and it's so shocking because, what is the point in that case?

Jess Walton is a great example of someone who took a role COMPLETELY out of her comfort zone and she still managed to be the perfect choice.

• Members

I will reserve judgement until I see her onscreen. However, count me in as not liking her short hair or the color. I was never a real fan of Phyllis anyway so I can tolerate her as long as she is not on 5 days a week.

Side note: JM needs a hair cut (head and facial). Someone in charge needs to tell him to do it. His only real talent is in looking good. If he isn't that then what does he have left? Nothing.

• Members

JW is a perfect example. I was stunned when she was announced as replacement for BD. I was like "Shelly/Kelly," the dumpy hooker from Capitol IS Jill? WTH? I'm glad I was proven wrong. This isn't even close to that situation - we know GT's abilities to play a similar character and she certainly can convey the sensuality that comes with Phyllis. I hope they explain the hair - Phyllis wakes up and grabs a mirror "WTH happened to my hair!" Summer: "They had to cut it while you were sleeping. It's easier to wash, etc...." This is hardly a big deal.

Archived